intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:13 pm

I host a Slack workspace for SEA-CCC.org members (Seattle Commodore Computer Club). Of course, there are more people in the Slack channel than actively participate in the club. And that's totally fine by me - the more voices and perspectives the better.

The Slack channels somewhat mirror this site, too. But it is certainly broader in focus. We get more chatter around non-Commodore brands. And honestly, that's great.

But another thing we created a channel for that I really like is called Modern Take. This is a place where something brand new just hit public awareness somewhere. Maybe it's a new way to hook up your old console to a modern TV, or maybe it's a new console based on an old brand like the indefinitely delayed Amico Intellevision, or the really cute Playdate by Panic that looks a lot like a scuba-ready Game Boy. Or maybe it's a brand new game for the ancient Palm Pilot, or brand new PETSCII keycaps meant for modern keyboards but obviously based on the original Commodore 64. Stuff like that.

And folks here often had no good place to put posts like those, so they'd wind up in the Lounge, or Retro Corner, or wherever.

Well, now we have a place to talk about these things: Modern Take.

Enjoy!

Return to “Site News”