intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:40 am

AmigaLove is extremely honored to have been mentioned and included in a music demo called
Modular Sounds 9. It is to be presented at Amiparty 21 2017 this year in Chelm, Poland. The demo was coded and assembled by the talented @ArtstateDigital who resides on the distant shores of Wellington, New Zealand.

Some of our site members were also mentioned, too, including: Amiga Ireland (tenleftfingers) and Sir_Lucas. If there were others I may have missed, sorry about that. Being mentioned in the same breath as these folks as well as Amiga Bill, Judge Drokk and others was a humbling moment. Extremely honored by the gesture.

You can download the demo here. It's really very cool. Some classic Amiga mods from the early 90s were converted to the C64, so you get to hear those tunes in a whole new way. If you are unable to move a d64 file over to an original C64 you can open the file using an emulator like VICE. But of course it'll sound better on an actual machine.

<3
Attachments
IMG_0376.JPG
AmigaLove mentioned in a demo for Amiparty 21 2017!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Amiga Bill of TheGuruMeditate sent me a few in-person pics of the event!

I asked him if he'd seen his moniker displayed during the party.

Amiga Bill:
Yes! I did see it. I was very surprised! Everyone was cheering. It was great
So cool. This community is just so awesome.
mod-sounds.jpg
Photo courtesy of Amiga Bill taken in-person at AmiParty 21 in Poland.

He was fortunate enough to get to see ArtstateDigital's other submission as well. It has also been uploaded to YouTube.
ArtstateDigital:
[It's] a new motion graphic video for this high tempo track by Bex^SLP.
slipstream.jpg
Photo credit: Amiga Bill / TheGuruMeditate

slipstream-2.jpg
Photo credit: Amiga Bill / TheGuruMeditate

TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:33 am

Very nice write up. I saw Amiga Love scroll past and it put a smile on my face :)

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:14 am

That's so fricking awesome. I've gotta ask AmigaBill about that next time I see him (which I hope is the next WAUG meetup in Westchester, NY come September!) :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:39 am

@Lambda are you a member of the WAUG? (or, joining?)

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:48 am

I'm joining them. :) They're the closest Amiga user group to me.

AmigaBill
New York

Posted Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 am

We are very happy that LambdaCalculus has joined our motley crew!

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:33 pm

AmigaBill wrote:We are very happy that LambdaCalculus has joined our motley crew!
Nice!

I am glad you do live streams, Bill, as I so want to be there as you guys have been having a great Amiga group since the 80's. Alas, I am a little far away being on the opposite end of the USA in California and on the wrong coast.

Keep up the good work at WAUG and The Guru Meditation and thanks for the content!

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:14 am

AmigaBill wrote:We are very happy that LambdaCalculus has joined our motley crew!
And it's been an awesome motley crew! Let's keep bringing forward more Amiga awesomeness! :D
special-agent-dale-cooper-thumbs-up-twin-peaks.jpg

Return to “Site News”