intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:08 am

Over the years I've been given some excellent ideas from users on feature requests for Amigalove.com. I have quite a few of my own. I can't create these all in a day (or a year) but this post is to have a running list for everyone to see and contribute towards. If one is addressed, it'll be removed from this list.
  • Add “System Requirements” to Games Library entries.
  • Create a "Shop" where some t-shirts and mugs, etc could be purchased to help negate the costs to run Amigalove.com
  • Add site section: “Application Software” (reviews with downloads)
  • Receive Game Library comment notifications
  • Add site section: Complete Fred Fish Archive
  • A True Home Page
  • Brand/Header Redesign
  • Add search form to search results (doable now)
  • Design member profiles to not be complete crap (doable now)
  • Auto-truncate really long URLs in desktop mode so Mobile Web layout doesn’t break
  • Create user “levels” based on participation (maybe)
  • Have a Games Statistics box on the Games Library home page to show #Games, Screenshots, User Votes with a top 10 games based on user votes/score
  • (Huge Want, Not Likely, But Noted) User Notification system - e.g. “Bell Icon”. If you receive an email about something (maybe a reply to a post, for example) the site would show these as notifications.
  • Ability to “Star” or favorite a post. Bookmark functionality.
  • Upgrade to a more modern version of phpBB that is fully supported (would require a complete site re-design)

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:54 pm

It's cheesy and dated but I do like the notion of forums with a chat box/graffiti wall on the main forum page.

Merch store! (there's a time sink).

A playlist feed for new YT content.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:08 pm

Re: Merchant store (see bullet 2 above). Did you mean something different?

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:16 pm

I was referring to an Amiga Love swag-o-tropolis. Yes, #2

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:38 pm

OK cool - just wanted to make sure. And you're right - it would potentially be a time sink... if it was successful! Doubt that, though.

Regardless, in a giddy (maybe a little tipsy?) frenzy last year I did buy a dorkolicious domain called retroshizzle.com. True story. Just in case I ever built one and wanted my own domain, right? HAH! So dumb.

But hey... ya nevah know, yo. Ya nevah know. It's all about that shizzle. ;)

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:33 pm

How about a shortcut to go right to the first unread message in a thread without first opening the thread and clicking the first new message link. Most of the forums I am using usually have you click the indicator signifying that the thread has new posts to go right to the new one.

Leffmann

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:14 pm

It would be useful if I could tell how I've rated a game in the Games Library. Maybe the hearts under "Rate this game" could show my rating, and be colored grey if I haven't voted at all, or some indication like that.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue May 07, 2019 8:37 am

@Leffmann that's an excellent idea. In fact, when I first designed that section I was wanting to do that, but the developer didn't implement that piece of it. I'll look into what's there and see if it's feasible with the current structure.

I, too, would very much like that feature!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:36 am

Hey everyone,

I've been in touch with my developer and we will begin overhauling AmigaLove.com very soon. In order to bring it up to modern speeds, the underlying code base has to be completely swapped to the newest version out there. As such, a ton of the front-end will have to be reworked, and some design changes will be inevitable. I'm not 100% clear on how dramatic they might be, but be prepared for some changes.

Once that piece is behind us, many of the site upgrades and new features will start to fall into place. Very exciting times and a much needed new set of fun features are on the way.

More soon.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:16 pm

This site is the nicest Amiga one out there. Great work so far and interested to "see" the new developments.

Return to “Site News”