stevelord

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:18 am

Hi everyone,

I've spent a while porting the infamous Bad Apple demo segment to the Amiga as an Anim and am finally ready to release it. I entered a glitchier version at Novaparty 2020 in the Wild section, but I'm releasing the full thing complete with sources, instructions on how to make your own sound anims and the anims themselves.

The sound anims are available in Anim5 and Anim7L format here for you to play on a suitably fast Amiga, the github has everything including instructions on how to build it.

It's 320x256x16 colours with 8-bit 22030hz sound (due to compensation for the Paula period I had aliasing issues at 22050). The Anim5 is 37Mb versus 230Mb for the CDXL version I originally made with Agaconv, but AnimFX wants to load everything into RAM before playing. In theory if you can find a suitable player this should work on OCS.

It took my A4000 with an 060/50 3 days worth of compute time to put together and a lot longer to test it, weed out the problems and so on. I certainly proved that making really long anims at high quality with no hardware beyond the Amiga is certainly possible, but I don't think it's worthwhile for anything longer than short clips.

Hope you guys like it,

Steve

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:52 am

Nice link there Steve. Love the demo scene.

Return to “The Lounge”