BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:32 pm

So one of my main collections was loads of clue books, hint books and solution archive books. I sold a lot off but this is some of what I have left.

first up we have some mish mash of Ultima guides, then we have some Ultima books.
(My U6 has the nice c64 addendum sheet in it). The U3 is a late run 1st edition. I stupidly sold my very early 1st edition with penciled address + phone number of Garriots house address. This has the typed address that is pre 1987 company move.

There are two variations I think of the Ultima Collection book, and two variations (or editions) of the Official Book of Ultima;

The Epyx collection; I have this because its the only known 'real' cluebook for any of the Questron Engine games, Legend of Blacksilver.

Aw yeah. Zak! and an awesome Amiga game, Faery Tale. Oh and Dragon Wars, I couldn't find my Bards Tale cluebooks. Some Sierra stuff.

Some australian made ones from the Australian Commodore Amiga Review magazine which I posted to loads. omg. I also have piles of the photocopied hint sheets the magazine would send out if you sent in and requested, also loads of my correspondance from people from the magazine (remember that, snail mail! people would write and ask for a hint and send a SAE and you'd post back.. aaah so many people didnt have modems for BBS).

The ubiquitous Quest for Clues

Some of the Quest for Clues followups (and the two Book of Adventures for Kim Schuette)

Some Quest for Clues follow ups and a hard to find Tunnels And Trolls (man what a bad bad bugged game!)

Lost Treasure 1 from my Infocom Collection. Some Kings Quest and Compute's Computer Adventure Games book (not that good)

Aaah the Gold box; Some rare ones you don't much see in here (Heroes of the Lance, Dragons of Flame, Shadow Sorcerer) and some mono-colour cheap reprints (Not sure why they bothered with the monochrome reprints).

The Eye of the Beholder ones with variants, Buck Rogers...

Missing from here in a box somewhere is the Bards Tale ones, Wasteland, Fountain of Dreams, Ultima 7+8, Maniac Mansion, Magic Candle series.. Some Might and Magic and Wizardry (not complete sets) and other misc game stuff.

I don't really have any console stuff or modern stuff.

Funny to think these have all traveled the world with each time I moved.

Anyone else here collect this kind of stuff?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:34 pm

LOVE IT!!! And yes, I collect that stuff, too. I have a few of yours and a ton of Infocom stuff I'm surprised didn't make your list.

I'll try to post mine this weekend. I'll have to go through a few stacks (which isn't a bad thing; it might push me to organize stuff!).

I LOVE all of the Questron engine stuff, and have finished Legacy multiple times. I have Blacksilver for C64 in a sadly crushed box, but it's the best I could ever find. I look forward to playing that some day. I had no idea there was a hint book for it! (Is it really necessary?)

Those game are so good.

True, funny story.

It just so happens I've had my eye on the original painting for Legacy for a long, long time. The guy who owns it these days doesn't want to sell it. But he always will tease me with "not now" or something like that. Earlier this week, after waiting about 2 years since my last offer I straight up offered him $1,000 for it. He told me he'd had an unsolicited offer for $15,000, which he turned down.

Is he serious? He turned that down?? I'd like to stay married so I won't be pinging him again. Hah!

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:43 pm

Yeah I dont have any invisiclues. I think they were too expensive back in Australia and none I found were unused.

Blacksilver is so simple no hint book is needed, I have it as its the only one of the Questron Engine games to get a hint book. (The other games show up in Quest for Clues etc.)

I just realised, I have all the Legend Entertainment hint books (spellcasting 1/2/3, time quest, gateway etc)

Minuous

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:40 am

Hi BloodyCactus, some awesome stuff there. I've been trying for a long time to preserve stuff related to the ACAR magazine in particular.

You can see at my page at http://amigan.1emu.net/aw/ I have put online the Adventurer's Realm hint sheets etc. that I had. I hope there is some way I can be of help for this material to be preserved and made available somewhere.

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:21 am

Minuous wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:40 am
Hi BloodyCactus, some awesome stuff there. I've been trying for a long time to preserve stuff related to the ACAR magazine in particular.

You can see at my page at http://amigan.1emu.net/aw/ I have put online the Adventurer's Realm hint sheets etc. that I had. I hope there is some way I can be of help for this material to be preserved and made available somewhere.
I'll have to check it out when I get home from work (work blocked!). I have all the ACAR sheets. I'm sure your aware that when Michael would send them out theywere just bad photocopies or copes of copes of copies.. anyway I have them all :)

Return to “The Lounge”