3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:39 am

Hey guys,

I'll attend the Amiga 34 fair this year, which takes place on October 12 and October 13, 2019 in Neuss/Germany.

I'm very excited to be there and I am looking forward to attending some interesting board discussions and presentations. I also hope to meet the guys from A1200.net and to catch a glimpse of the new Amiga 500 (and 1200) cases and the new keyboard. There are several other vendors present, such as Kryoflux and Alinea Computer, so maybe I'll have the chance to get some nice gimmicks.

It is just a short journey to Neuss, about 300 km (~186 miles), but since my cousin and his son, both also Amiga enthusiasts, will accompany me, we'll have a lot of fun on our trip and at the fair.

I'll have my camera at hand, so I hope to be able to provide you guys with some impressions from the fair.
Amiga34advert_1280x720.jpg
Official Advertisment

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:50 pm

I'm back from visiting the Amiga 34 fair. Here are some impressions:
Amiga34_Impressions_01.jpg
The arrival @ Rheinisches Landestheater Neuss.

Amiga34_Impressions_02.jpg
The Lobby: Seems quite empty, but...

Amiga34_Impressions_03.jpg
People...

Amiga34_Impressions_04.jpg
More People...

Amiga34_Impressions_05.jpg
All Amiga enthusiasts!

Amiga34_Impressions_06.jpg
There was an interesting presentation of the new Amiga 500+ keyboards.

Amiga34_Impressions_07.jpg
We were surprised by an unplanned "upgrade" of Chris Hülsbeck's musical presentation.

Amiga34_Impressions_08.jpg
On stage: Chris Hülsbeck (left), Dave Haynie (middle) and Patrick Nevian (right).

Amiga34_Impressions_09.jpg
More intersting lectures...

Amiga34_Impressions_10.jpg
My "loot" from the fair.

Last edited by 3D-vice on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Is that THE Dave Haynie, of A2000 fame and legend?? Playing guitar (or headless bass, it's hard to tell)?

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Looks like it was an awesome show! And I think you'll dig that FPGA SID. Pretty nifty kit :D

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:42 am

intric8 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:26 pm
Is that THE Dave Haynie, of A2000 fame and legend?? Playing guitar (or headless bass, it's hard to tell)?
Yes, my friend! It is THE Dave Haynie! :!: :idea: :D Live and in person.

And his appearance on stage was quite a surprise to all the visiting folks. I had a nice chat with Chris Hülsbeck later on and he explained to me that having Dave on stage was a spontaneous idea. A GOOD idea.

I had the chance to talk to Dave after the gig and I learned that the headless guitar he was playing is a "Digital Guitar", a melange of a real E-guitar and a game-pad, containing a disguised synthesizer with more than 100 sound presets, etc. Besides that, it was a great experience to meet and greet a real Amiga Legend. 8-)

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:55 am

Mr.Toast wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:26 pm
Looks like it was an awesome show! And I think you'll dig that FPGA SID. Pretty nifty kit :D
It was, yep. I think I'll try to attend both days next year. Unfortunately, I was just able to visit the fair on the second day, so I missed some interesting lectures and discussions from the first day.

And yes, I am pretty curious to work with that FPGA SID. It's my second one. I want to install both of them onto my Ultimate 64 board and try to run them simultaneously.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:05 pm

Hey guys,

here's a nice article about the Amiga 34 fair (German language only, sorry), but if you scroll down about half the way, you can see a nice video showing an excerpt of the musical gig of Chris Hülsbeck, Dave Haynie and Patrick Nevian.

Also, when the camera pans about the audience for the first time, you can get a glimpse of lil' old me. ;) Hint: One of the guys sitting in the last row, holding up the cellphone. :ugeek:
Last edited by 3D-vice on Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:58 pm

@3D-vice you forgot to include the link in your last post.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:02 am

intric8 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:58 pm
@3D-vice you forgot to include the link in your last post.
DANG! ... silly me. Here ya go.

Return to “The Lounge”