intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:30 pm

Yes, I saw this, too. So cool for a publication of that size and respect to drop a post about the Amiga/Vampire.

Granted, the title is a little bit misleading. "The Next-Generation Amiga That Never Materialized Just Went Up For Pre-Order."

After reading the article and attached links/PDFs, I think it was only available for folks in attendance at Amiga 34 in Germany last week. This is not some widespread future distribution we're talking about here, unfortunately. More like a limited run from the sounds of it, and it's not quite even fully baked (e.g. ethernet support is still in development).

All I know is if this thing could play Dungeon Master 2 with no lag, I might seriously be in. Otherwise...

obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:16 pm

Cool indeed. The author used to be a frequent poster in the Amiga FB group...haven't seen him post anything there in a while. He's a long-time Amiga FanBoy (like all of us), so not surprising to see him write about it in his regular job :)

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:29 pm

The next gen Vampire has just started to be produced. Those at the Amiga34 were just the first units. More are coming.

My guesstimate is, however, that you could also take the V2 to make DM2 run.

Return to “The Lounge”