rjd324

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:25 pm

I was subscribed to this forum many years ago. I think a few years ago they removed all subscriptions or there was an email asking if I wanted to continue being a member. I never replied to it.

Anyway, I tried to reapply using the email account I used to use and it says I am banned. I have tried contacting them but there is no response as of yet (Wednesday I sent the message).

I am wondering if it is because my name, 3246251196, is spam-ish.

What do you think I should do other than use a separate email account? I would rather use my primary so I get updates.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:13 pm

I mean, I've no idea. If your previous email address was terminated for some reason, my guess is it would be impossible to use that same address to generate a new site registration. I've no idea how to contact the admins of that board. They don't make any of that info available as far as I know.

I think you have to start over. It's also possible you'd have to use a different username, too. If your account was killed simply due to being inactive (which would surprise me, but it can happen at some places) you should be fine. If it was a really egregious situation, some folks can even get their IPs banned which is sort of a game a whack-a-mole.

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:57 am

Get a different eMail address and move on.
It’s hard for those admins to do their work. Sometimes they do something that may seem inappropriate for us. But who knows what they have deal with every day.

MeatPieTaster

Posted Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:41 am

Their forum seems broken. I tried with another email, same thing. Tried to find the contact us tab, it doesnt exist. So it isnt possible to move on. I triied to contact sommebody from the mod list, no way to contact them either.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:59 pm

That is quite bizarre. Maybe try using a different browser as cookies might causing some havoc. Or even a different computer.

TommoH

Posted Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:28 am

MeatPieTaster wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:41 am
Their forum seems broken. I tried with another email, same thing. Tried to find the contact us tab, it doesnt exist. So it isnt possible to move on. I triied to contact sommebody from the mod list, no way to contact them either.
Assuming you're referring to the "Spammers are banned" or whatever it is final text, I had exactly the same thing with my @gmail.com account — just that message, no obvious motivation, no recourse. But I was able to create an account with my @outlook.com a couple of days ago so I don't know what the criteria is for their name calling, but domain name is a possibility.

Return to “The Lounge”