spellbound1922

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:03 pm

Please can someone help me. I am trying to duplicate my cd32 games collection on cds, as i treasure them. I add quickly, i am NOT intending to pirate this software, its because i dont want them to get harmed, and i am keeping them all locked away to myself, and that's it!! [just got a nasty message from another board on this one just now from someone].
Nevermind.
If this post is acceptable here ill go ahead. Here is what i have done please can someone tell me where i am going wrong.
I am using a windows 7 brand new pc laptop to copy my cds, and coverdisks.
Firstly, using file explorer my cd comes up as files listed in folders. Okay... then i used select all from the windows title bar and burned my first cd. Or so i thought. My 32 doesn't recognise it.
The options my pc gave to me pre burn were: FLASH BURN or CD/DVD BURN. I can't choose cd/dvd burn since my pc tells me it cant recognise my files and i cant go anywhere from there. This options says the burn will ' be recognised by most machines'. Option one i went for then, although it says ' will be recognised by windows machines'. So im probably going wrong there already am i? But this auto formats my new cd-r : doesnt that mean only a pc can read the result??
I have seen other sites talk about specific 'software' or 'programs' they are using to burn amiga cd's : is it the case that i need a specific program that will amiga friendly the situation? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Finally, im only using 7 burn speed: does burn speed matter ? is it critical. Of course i have only cd-rs as i am led to beleive v a 32 wont recognise cd'rws. I have brand new maxell coloured cd-rs just sitting here: i am so gutted it is difficult for me to put down here. Any help would be great: i anticipate lots of nasty comments about this regarding piracy if i post elsewhere: been having this XXX since i was a kid. You really WOULD be making my day. x

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:37 pm

Backups is a perfectly legitimate reason, especially since the media will be degrading. So I am not a CD32 expert at all, but you would need to make an image of the entire disk, not just copy files. I would think making an ISO or BIN/CUE file would work. Try this guide. https://www.retro32.com/gaming/amiga-cd ... ow-to-burn

frootloop69

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:23 am

Depending on the format your CD32 images are in, using dedicated CD burning software is usually a good idea. My go to is usually Image burn (http://www.imgburn.com/).

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:48 pm

I am using Imgburn as we speak to make iso's of my PS2 games, so I imagine CD32 should work.

Return to “The Lounge”