intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:09 pm

@LeftoverBeefcake you are a freaking ROCK STAR!

I am loving this so much. If this whole project fails, however, I do worry about the content found on said site. Hah!

walldog

Posted Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:08 pm

Wow this is amazing.. Now I want WP Library

stevelord

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:49 am

Did this ever get anywhere? If @LeftOverBeefCake is interested in releasing code or even notes I could have a go at the Google sync bit.

LeftoverBeefcake

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:06 pm

stevelord wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:49 am
Did this ever get anywhere? If @LeftOverBeefCake is interested in releasing code or even notes I could have a go at the Google sync bit.
I believe I still have the PHP test files... somewhere... :oops: I'll try to dig them up this weekend and post em to my Github: https://github.com/leftoverbeefcake - as for notes, it's pretty much all in this thread. My problem was mainly dealing with the Google Calendar API and figuring out how to enable other people to use their own Google Calendar data so they can convert it and download it to their Amigas. I'm sure they don't want to see my Google Calendar items. :)

Edit: found my two files I was using for this project - process_form.php and wpl_test.php - will try to upload them tomorrow, time permitting. Basically you fill out the form on the wpl_test page and the process_form receives the data entries and converts them into a file to be imported into Word Perfect Library. The code is commented to show what each portion does.

stevelord

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:21 am

I'm working on another app right now but my next 1.3 project will be a serial-based general file synchronization tool with conversion filters. I should be able to port your php to python to run on a raspberry pi.

I'd like to build the following:
  • VDirSyncer to pull calendar info down to a bunch of ICS files.
  • An Amiga-side sync tool that logs into the Pi over serial and calls the sync tool.
  • A Pi-side sync tool running over a serial login.
  • A module to convert the ics files to WPL and vice versa.
If this was done correctly the conversion elements should just be modules that can be toggled via a config. I originally planned to synchronize a usenet spool for CNewsBin first but calendars would be much more practical.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:39 am

Slightly off-topic, but maybe not? Not sure how you guys were planning on pulling data down to classic Amigas.

Did you guys know that there was a TCP/IP network stack created for OS 1.3? The downside is that it only works with the Commodore A2065 ethernet card.

Crispy had pondered if "he could fix that" and expand upon it.
tcpos13.jpg

stevelord

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:21 am

I've looked into it but my Amiga-foo just isn't there yet. Looking through the manual I don't see any support for slip or ppp. Unfortunately my CDTV lacks Zorro II slots.

Thankfully there's more than 1 TCP/IP stack compatible with OS 1.3. KA9Q's AmigaNOS looks like it has slip support. I haven't got round to trying it out yet. There's a more detailed (Ham Radio oriented but still applicable) book available. I also looked at DNet but haven't been able to compile the server side on Linux.

The problem isn't really the lack of IP stack though but the lack of user-land tools. AS225 Comes with NFSv2 support, so you could run a server-side script to sync WPL <-> ICS and just point WordPerfect Library at your shared WPL. FTP could work as a fallback with either AS225 or KA9Q but will still need sync tooling on the Amiga.

Having the server-side handle conversion and external sync with a small program to handle the Amiga side should get us a quick PoC. If it works I can look at building a cli tool to run from the startup sequence and something like DCron. I've considered using UUCP because of CNews and Matt Dillon's tools but I haven't had time to look into that either.

Return to “The Lounge”