intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue May 04, 2021 6:09 pm

DefenderOfTheCrown2-Bells.gif
Art by J.Sachs, Defender of the Crown 2, 32 colors, lores

I fixed this to be in its original 4:3 aspect ratio, which was tricky because of the extra-wide art. In the original movie, which is the end sequence finale for the game, the "camera" actually pans to the right. It's a very cool effect.

Ring them bells! :)

codevark
Sutton, MA USA

Posted Thu May 13, 2021 7:36 am

Mine is this coming Monday. Woohoo!

(People who avoid vaccines should remember my cousin Cynthia - whose parents were "Christian Scientists", and who did not get her vaccinated. She ended up losing a leg to polio at age 9. GET VAXXED.)

BatteMan
France

Posted Tue May 18, 2021 7:03 am

First shoot of Pfizer here last week. Waiting for second shoot (23th june...).

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Tue May 18, 2021 9:38 am

Well, got my first shot a week ago and my 2nd one is estimated June 6th.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed May 19, 2021 6:12 am

I love the picture as Sachs images are among my favorite pictures for Amiga.

As for the shots, I am not going to comment on that because the topic of vaccination has a tendency to be very political and polarizing which has nothing to do with Amiga, no offense.

opcode77

Posted Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:34 am

My brother got his a while back. He keeps pushing me to do it. I am a bit of a germaphobe and work from home so I very rarely leave the house. Has anyone had any complications with the Pfizer vacc? I hate that all of this has become so politicized. I am not antivax and all for new medical technology (especially combating viruses), but the speed at which this is being pushed without long term clinical studies kinda worries me. I guess with the way life has gone, I will be that 1 in 100,000 that has some sort of adverse reaction! Would like to hear some opinions.

iljitsch

Posted Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:33 am

As far as I know, no vaccine has ever shown long term side effects. If there are side effects, which does happen at low rates for almost any vaccine, it tends to happen within hours, days, weeks at most. The current COVID ones have been used for six months and tested for amount the same amount of time before that. Yes, that's faster than normal (although fly is fairly fast, too, every year), but they simply worked harder and did things in parallel where possible. No steps were skipped. So I wouldn't worry at all about long term side effects.

However, side effects that show more quickly are possible, but happen at levels of about 1 : 100,000. In many parts of the world about 1 : 1000 people has died of the virus the past 18 months. (Mostly the elderly, of course, but not exclusively.)

The side effects tend to happen more often with younger people while the risks of not getting vaccinated are lower for younger people. So a few months ago, before the delta variant, the logic was that people under 30 or so should probably not get the AstraZeneca vaccine, which had shown those ~ 1 : 100,000 side effects. Not 100% sure, but I think things are similar for the Johnson&Johnson vaccine, which is a similar type vaccine.

But the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have much lower levels of side effects and the virus is coming back with a vengeance. So I'd take the vaccine. (I actually took AstraZeneca rather than wait for Pfizer.)

Remember, drugs that we take all the time also have side effects, in rare cases serious ones. Tylenol, for instance:
Tell your doctor right away if any of these rare but serious side effects occur: fast/slow/irregular heartbeat, seizure.

A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

Return to “The Lounge”