intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri May 14, 2021 10:30 am

From Hyperion's site:
AmigaOS 3.2 comes packed with well over 100 new features, dozens of updates that cover nearly all AmigaOS components and a battery of bugfixes that will undoubtely solidify the user experience.

AmigaOS 3.2 is the result of more than 2 years of intense and relentless work from a team of over sixty people who have contributed to produce a new milestone in AmigaOS history.

Hyperion Entertainment CVBA has no words to express its gratitude to this talented and resilient team for its impressive work ethic.

The most comprehensive version of AmigaOS 3.2 is available now on CD-ROM and contains all the disks and AmigaOS Kickstart ROM sets for all Amiga machines ever produced allowing users to install AmigaOS 3.2 on multiple different types of Amigas at once.

Place your order now with your Amiga dealer of choice!

Digital (machine type specific) downloadable versions will follow.
These are the main upgrades, according to Hyperion's News page:

AmigaOS 3.2 FEATURE LIST SUMMARY
  • ReAction GUI toolkit integration
  • Built-in ADF (Amiga disk file image) management
  • Integrated Help subsystem
  • Updated Data Type system
  • Workbench and other user interface improvements
  • Improved Tools, Utilities and System applications
  • Enhanced Shell behavior
  • New and reworked command set
  • Touched up Preferences
  • Polished MultiView
  • Revamped Commodities
  • Expanded BootMenu
  • Inclusion and refinement of the AmigaOS 3.1.4 feature set
  • Flexible delivery media
Scroll down when you get to their news page as there are simply tons of details worth reviewing and absorbing.

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Fri May 14, 2021 1:10 pm

reaction integration? hmm... thats interesting.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Fri May 14, 2021 1:40 pm

Yep. They bought the rights to Reaction about 1.5 years ago or so - which is cool because it is a clever replacement for MUI that all of us know and love.
Looking forward to this for sure!

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri May 14, 2021 5:23 pm

Amiga On The Lake are listed as a dealer so hopefully they get some inventory in soon. I don't see any other way to purchase it other than a dealer. I of course could have missed the buy button. ;-)

I haven't been following but did Hyperion and Cloanto solve their ahem, little disagreement?

obitus1990
USA

Posted Mon May 17, 2021 6:59 am

I've been running a release candidate for a couple of months now...it's a very nice update.

Return to “The Lounge”