jdryyz

Posted Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:37 pm

retrorewind.ca wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:55 pm
intric8 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:44 am
Yet now you can't order it from Retro Rewind at all. You can add everything to your cart, but when it is time to pay it will produce an error-alert saying the item was out of stock.
Sorry about that. Our system had a major snafu with our pre-order system and inventory. It wasn't adjusting numbers when people abandoned their carts and I didn't realize it until Sunday night.

It's all good now.
Are ROMs available?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:30 pm

Thanks for the update, retrorewind.ca. I feel bad I was partly to blame for unearthing that bug but glad you sorted it out for the future. And thanks for being here! Welcome!

retrorewind.ca

Posted Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:05 am

jdryyz wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:37 pm
retrorewind.ca wrote:
intric8 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:44 am
Yet now you can't order it from Retro Rewind at all. You can add everything to your cart, but when it is time to pay it will produce an error-alert saying the item was out of stock.
Sorry about that. Our system had a major snafu with our pre-order system and inventory. It wasn't adjusting numbers when people abandoned their carts and I didn't realize it until Sunday night.

It's all good now.
Are ROMs available?
If you purchased AmigaOS 3.2 from us, then yes. If you didn't purchase it from us, then you need to contact whomever your purchased it from.

retrorewind.ca

Posted Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:06 am

intric8 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:30 pm
Thanks for the update, retrorewind.ca. I feel bad I was partly to blame for unearthing that bug but glad you sorted it out for the future. And thanks for being here! Welcome!
I'm actually really glad you did.

jdryyz

Posted Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:22 pm

retrorewind.ca wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:05 am
jdryyz wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:37 pm
retrorewind.ca wrote:

It's all good now.
Are ROMs available?
If you purchased AmigaOS 3.2 from us, then yes. If you didn't purchase it from us, then you need to contact whomever your purchased it from.
I was afraid it might work that way. I was worried if I waited too long holding out for ROMs, I could lose out on the 3.2 CD also....not confident with these pending legal thingies going on.

SPiFF

Posted Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:15 am

Just ordered from RetroRewind. Waffling on installing since I have finally gotten my A1200 3.1.4 CF tweaked the way I want.

retrorewind.ca

Posted Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:37 pm

SPiFF wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:15 am
Just ordered from RetroRewind. Waffling on installing since I have finally gotten my A1200 3.1.4 CF tweaked the way I want.
You can simply upgrade the installation. Everything else will remain.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:37 am

Has anyone burned the A3000 ROMs onto EPROMs from the CD? Apparently the ones some companies have sent out are non-functional due to a naming issue with the ROMs on the CD for the A3000 and apparently not burning the correct files? Does anyone have any insights and does it affect any of the other ROMs? I have not yet burned a ROM but I will for a 2000 for testing.
Last edited by Zippy Zapp on Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:49 am

They are confirmed to work.

The issue is that the on elf the files was mis-named.

The file kicka3000.bin should be named kicka3000-lo.bin

You might first try in UAE.

Multiple testers confirmed it is working if you pick the right files.

Some ROM- towers are a bit picky with the EPROM.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:02 pm

Thanks for the info. I haven't tried it at all just something I read about in a comment and wasn't sure if it was a problem for the other ROMs but apparently it is not and is not a big deal if you make sure you burn the correct files.

So that is good to know in case someone else is making ROMs for their 3000.

Return to “The Lounge”