BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Wed May 19, 2021 7:49 am

Ill probably get it to squirrel it away incase I need it later (or it becomes... unavailable). but I dont plan on implementing it.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed May 19, 2021 5:48 pm

Myself, I will just order the CD and then I can burn my own ROMs as I have all the EPROMs already.

stevelord

Posted Thu May 20, 2021 8:42 am

I've ordered it already for my Amiga 4000. Currently it runs OS 3.9 with a TBTorro custom ROM to support the A3660 (but what's in it is anyone's guess).

I'd eyed up 3.1.4 for a while, but was mostly happy with ol' slowpoke 3.9. 3.2 Looks like a significant step up so I'm willing to give it a go.

I have a MiSTer and emulators for classic setups, I use my A4000 most days for productive stuff so I see the upgrade as something I'll actually get use out of.

jdryyz

Posted Tue May 25, 2021 8:24 am

I see RetroRewind is based out of Canada. Any U.S. residents here order from them before?

I know shipping from Canada can be pretty hefty.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue May 25, 2021 8:32 am

Any U.S. residents here order from them before?
It's not too bad.
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 8.31.16 AM.png

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Wed May 26, 2021 8:19 am

I think I chose the Tracked Packet option. I guess it gets delivered a fews later than the more expensive option. If so, I can wait :)

roscoe500

Posted Wed May 26, 2021 2:45 pm

I'm in the 'maybe later' boat. It does look as though there has been a lot of extra functionality added now compared to 3.1 or even 3.5/3.9.

I bought and used both 3.5 and 3.9 when released and then 4.0, 4.1 and 4.1 FE for my PPC system.

I'm waiting to see how people find 3.2 on more modest setups, my current Amiga is the least powerful I've owned since about 1995 ;-) and not wanting to go too far down the upgrading rabbit hole. Some stuff of course can be achieved still on earlier versions, e.g. mounting ADF images, and packages like ClassicWB add a lot to a standard 3.1 install.

Maybe some folks are also sceptical of Hyperion, e.g. whether they have rights to publish 3.2 at all and if the money might end up paying lawyers rather than developers.

McTrinsic

Posted Thu May 27, 2021 3:47 am

You can only be surprised if you expect something 😆.

As I didn’t think about this question in advance I didn’t have an opinion about it. I am confident it will sell well.

The one thing that is granted is that the developers don’t get a notable reward. They work effectively for free.

If that helps to clarify who the owner of the OS is then it’s still well invested for me.

Overall, this is a good release. Lots of things happening in the core without much been seen. And a few added functionalities.

If you know what you do and have understood the OS, you can even mix 3.2 plus some elements of e.g. 3.9.

For me, I see it as an absolute win.

jdryyz

Posted Thu May 27, 2021 8:10 am

Since OS 3.2 now shares some elements found in OS 3.9, I wonder if OS 3.9 can be more seamlessly updated to OS 3.2.

I know others have updated OS 3.9 to 3.1.4 but it required some manual adjustments afterwards.

Return to “The Lounge”