Wavemaker
Poland

Posted Thu May 27, 2021 3:41 am

Hello Amiga lovers! After months of tears and sweat, we are proudly releasing issue 18th of our full color, paper magazine made in Poland for the world!

82 pages of Commodore action including C64, VIC-20, C16, Plus/4 and of course our beloved Amiga. Reviews, editorials, galleries, tutorials, and zero fluff! We don't even have ads in this issue!

So what is new in the magazine, content aside? We have largely improved the quality of the translations and added even more English speaking editors. We have a proper online store - no more sending bank transfers, you can pay with card, Paypal and so on. And of course all our back issues can be purchased as well there. The URL:

https://ka-plus.pl

Now this being an Amiga forum this may not be relevant for most of you but we also sell a coverdisk separately - GO8BG or Good Old 8 Bit Games, a 5'25" floppy disk containing a compilation of old and new games for the Commodore 64. All released with the author's blessing of course. Maybe you will find your next favorite game here?

Our plans for the future may be more exciting for you to hear - we plan to release an Amiga coverdisk in parallel to the now classic compilation. And it will be, of course, a custom floppy disk. Amiga coverage is set to change as well - we will feature more classic Amiga content and less NG/Emu oriented. In fact, this forum has inspired me to write about my "new baby" Workbench 1.3 that has now become my first choice for my A500. What about a 1.3 icon collection in the coverdisk?

Anyhow, let´s stop daydreaming for a bit! Here is the full table of contents:

:commodore: COMMODORE

Good Old 8-Bit Games #5
Gallery: The Sarge
Oyup!
Alien Storm
Stack 123
Lode Runner
Soul Force
Frankenstein
Survival Messenger Adventure
Tiny Quest
Spellbound Dizzy – Dizzy V
Overthrown
Tristam Island
Cheesy Trials
Outrage
GameDev Story: Bernd Buchegger
Zeta Wing
Katon: Returning to the scene
Gallery: Katon / Lepsi De
xum1541
Monster Catcher
Juanje Juega in Sinverland
Runn’n’Gunn
Up, Up and Away!
Demoscene by Wacek, part VIII
special edition: contest

:boing: AMIGA

Dune 2020
Fury of the Furries
Balance of Power 1990
The lost potential: A600 repair
My fights with the Amiga 400
The Amiga Workbench Simulation
Wiz: Quest for the Magic Lantern
WinUAE in practice: new life
GameDev Story: Daniel Stephens
Console Zone: Santa Run 2020
Cabaret Asteroids
Magica

:ghost: VARIOUS

Editorial
Fresh News
Press Space to Continue
Dave Haynie – interview

Talking Heads:
Computer Graphics
On another subject: new format
Johnny presents: Papcio Chmiel

McTrinsic

Posted Thu May 27, 2021 3:50 am

Awesome! This appears quite interesting and I admit you have cought my attention 👍.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu May 27, 2021 6:59 am

This looks and sounds fantastic. Seeing that Boris painting peeking out (one I personally admire a great deal, too, when it comes to my C64) has me wanting more.

Living in the US I have to relate a brief experience, and ask a question.

I subbed to Amiga Addict for 6 months. I got the first two issues then they simply stopped coming. I haven't seen issue 3 from February (or 4, or 5, or...). I've heard from some other contacts of mine in the US they've had similar experiences.

Have you also seen long delays to the US for shipping your mags? And/or, have they simply disappeared in large quantities? Something about Amiga Addict utterly dried up.

I contacted them once and was told the mail was a mess. But this seems beyond just bad mail. Or, is it? I loved what I was seeing in the beginning but now I'll not be renewing any time soon.

Are your mags shipping OK?

Wavemaker
Poland

Posted Thu May 27, 2021 8:58 am

intric8 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:59 am
This looks and sounds fantastic. Seeing that Boris painting peeking out (one I personally admire a great deal, too, when it comes to my C64) has me wanting more.

Living in the US I have to relate a brief experience, and ask a question.

I subbed to Amiga Addict for 6 months. I got the first two issues then they simply stopped coming. I haven't seen issue 3 from February (or 4, or 5, or...). I've heard from some other contacts of mine in the US they've had similar experiences.

Have you also seen long delays to the US for shipping your mags? And/or, have they simply disappeared in large quantities? Something about Amiga Addict utterly dried up.

I contacted them once and was told the mail was a mess. But this seems beyond just bad mail. Or, is it? I loved what I was seeing in the beginning but now I'll not be renewing any time soon.

Are your mags shipping OK?
Hey there, apparently customs is a chaos in the UK since the Brexit. Ordered a bunch of stuff from there myself that never arrived. We haven´t had problems with our own shippings tho. We ship from Poland.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu May 27, 2021 10:43 am

That's awesome and looks like a beautiful mag. And cover disks too? Love it. I will check it out.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu May 27, 2021 11:08 am

You guys don't offer subscriptions, do you?

Wavemaker
Poland

Posted Thu May 27, 2021 3:55 pm

intric8 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:08 am
You guys don't offer subscriptions, do you?
We offer 1 year subscriptions (4 issues) in the store itself :)

Warty

Posted Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:30 pm

My first issue came, and came quickly. It was protected with cardboard on either side, and survived International mail from Poland to the US.

The production value is VERY high in my opinion:
- paper is nice!
- big. color.
- some articles are written natively in English, some in other languages and translated, but I found the translation quality to be really excellent, much better than what I expected. (I say this as somehow who worked in translations for years and years, but don't take my word for it).
- I haven't read through everything yet, but I think it's quite good

Wouldn't mind seeing more:
- ads. new ads. vintage ads. made up ads. I admit I might be the only one who ever says this, but I personally find checking out the ads in vintage magazines quite interesting. I sometimes follow them up to see what ever became of the companies putting out the stuff.
- news on new enhancements/devices/software (especially non-game stuff). I know the info is "out there" on the inter webs, but actually, I can't keep up with everything. That's a great niche for a magazine like this to fulfill.
- bios and stories about folks who were in the scene in the old days, and also on people doing stuff now.

Anyway, cool mag, thanks for reminding me it existed, and thanks for making it!

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:57 pm

Just ordered the latest issue digitally to try it out. Looks very interesting.

Return to “The Lounge”