intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:42 am

Some of you likely already know this. But for those who don't, we're lucky to have the editor of K&A Magazine as a member here, Wavemaker.

This year seems to be a really bad one if you need to ship anything out of the UK or Germany in particular. I've only received 3 of my 6 Amiga Addict magazines (2 are totally missing at sea). I also shipped a nearly-priceless Rejuvenator to Germany 6 weeks ago and it is still "in transit" which is making me a nervous wreck. In other words, if you're having to deal with shipping in either direction to those two countries right now, you're really rolling the dice and the House always wins.

Meanwhile, I shipped a package to Batteman, located in France, and he got it in about 10 days.

Well guess what? The folks in Poland have a solid shipping system, too. Frustrated about my Amiga Addict magazine's situation, I sent off for issue 18 of Wavemaker's K&A Plus Magazine after reading his posts here about it.

I know he provided lots of details before, but I wanted to let folks who might be on the fence to know this magazine is very high quality and worth the cash. My first issue arrived yesterday, and I was blown away.

First, it came extremely well packaged and protected. It was shipped in a parcel envelope, of course, but had been placed between two sheets of cardboard to help it maintain its shape. And the magazine was put inside its own individual plastic sleeve protector. Since I got the floppy disk version there was a third piece of cardboard carefully placed in the middle of the book (and placed inside yet another separate plastic bag) to help prevent the disk from ever being bent or warped or damaged from possible moisture.

It was the most well cared for shipping of a new magazine I've seen, with the only other possible exception being Heavy Metal magazine which also does a very nice job. Very impressive stuff that made it a no-brainer for me to look at getting more issues in the future even though I'm half way around the world from the source.

Take a look at the quality of the paper, the layout designs and the depth of the articles, too.
IMG_3815.jpg
IMG_3816.jpg
IMG_3817.jpg
IMG_3818.jpg

My only possible complaint is due to my own greed: I wish this was a monthly magazine! I think I'll be looking to see what they might have in stock for back issues and try to get my fix that way in the meantime. These mags are densely packed, so that would keep me busy for a very long time.

Highly recommended.

:commodore: <3

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:13 pm

Nice! I, too, love those types of old magazines. That's not a Frank Frazetta on the cover, is it? Love his work.

I'll keep my eye out the English Versions of these mags, thanks!

blindguy

Posted Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:17 pm

I love my K&A!!! I usually order 4 or so of them at a time and he can get them in one package and they are fantastic!!

Wavemaker
Poland

Posted Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:59 am

Thank you so much! My colleague Tom does a great job with the packaging indeed. I passed this link to the team and they were so happy to read your review.

I wish we could publish it more often but considering it's just a hobby it takes a lot of sweat and chasing people around to put this together ;) Who knows, maybe in the future we will.

For now my main goal is to include more classic Amiga content which was kind of lacking lately, and maybe even release an Amiga coverdisk in parallel to the Commodore GO8BG series.

Oh, and if anyone here would like to write for us, contact me. We are always on the lookout for quality content!

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:56 am

Wavemaker wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:59 am
I wish we could publish it more often but considering it's just a hobby it takes a lot of sweat and chasing people around to put this together ;) Who knows, maybe in the future we will.
Oh, wow, I didn't realize that the magazine is published in this day and age (I thought the magazine was from past publication, of which I was not familiar)!

Please post more information as to how to acquire issues, I'm very interested in purchasing my own copies. Thanks!

Wavemaker
Poland

Posted Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:14 am

Hi Joe, we have an online store at https://ka-plus.pl and we deliver worldwide. The process should be straightforward but if you have any troublewith it let me know.

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:29 am

Wavemaker wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:14 am
Hi Joe, we have an online store at https://ka-plus.pl and we deliver worldwide. The process should be straightforward but if you have any troublewith it let me know.
Question: If I purchase the yearly subscription do I also get the previous editions already published? I'm thinking of going that route.

Wavemaker
Poland

Posted Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:40 pm

JoeUser wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:29 am
Wavemaker wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:14 am
Question: If I purchase the yearly subscription do I also get the previous editions already published? I'm thinking of going that route.
Hi Joe,

The subscription only includes the next 4 issues that will be published. It does not include any past issue.

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:36 am

Wavemaker wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:40 pm
The subscription only includes the next 4 issues that will be published. It does not include any past issue.
Ok, many thanks! I'll just purchase previous issues separately, then.

Return to “The Lounge”