kerobaros

Posted Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:06 pm

I was thinking about selling my 2000 kit, trying to pare down the hoard a fair amount so it's easier to get around in the room where I've exiled all the old computer stuff. I even got as far as listing it on Facebook marketplace to see if could hook any big whales who'd pay me eBay prices for it, haha.

But then i got a message on discord from someone selling a PiStorm board for a fair price, so I wound up getting hooked again myself.

So: who's got a PiStorm? Who's purchased Amiga OS 3.2? Do they work well together? Should I buy Roadshow or stick with AmiTCP? Oh gods, the addiction is starting again...

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:28 am

Hi Kerobaros,

definitely I can relate 😀. Sounds familiar 😉.

Content-wise:
I can highly recommend Roadshow. By purchasing, you support an ongoing development!

Regarding OS 3.2, I was playing a minor part in the betatesting. If the PiStorm behaves appropriately - which seems to be the case - it is for the Amiga just another accelerator. And as such 3.2 will get along very well. Same here: you support active development. I would consider it a great update / upgrade.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:42 am

The PiStorm with 3.2 works just dandy. I have not set mine up for networking yet, but I 100% recommend Roadshow when you set yours up.

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:26 pm

You might as well consider a ZZ9000. Besides being a great Graphics card, it also offers a convenient first step into networking and since today also as a soundcard. A non-hotpluggable USB is a nice addition as well, and in the new beta-firmware you can even Boot from it.

https://shop.mntmn.com/

Return to “The Lounge”