intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:17 am

Thought this would be a fun place to catalogue sightings of Commodore gear in pop culture.

I'll go first.

Based on Gordanian's heads-up, I wanted to show some images from the new show on Netflix called Fear Street: Part One - 1994. In the first episode, there's a scene where a boy is under a sheet tying away on his...
a2000-1.jpg
a2000-2.jpg
a2000-3.jpg

Granted, the power isn't on and the screen apparently depicts AOL being used in Windows 3.11 (and the screen might be a mocked up CRT). But who cares?

When was the last time you saw an Amiga 2000 in ... anything?! Pretty damned cool IMO.

Feel free to post other sightings here so we can keep them together (with pics!).

ArtstateDigital
Wales, United Kingdom

Posted Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am

Before I nuked my Twitter account, I posted a few captures from the 80's. There were some 𝑨𝑴𝑰𝑮𝑨 2000's in good company.

First off, God, the Universe and Everything Else from 1988, featuring Stephen Hawking, Magnus Magnusson (Host), Carl Sagan and Arthur C. Clarke. As you can see, it was up there with the best of them.

I was a huge fan of the european extreme sports show, 'HIGH 5'. They did an episode on Rollerblading and Skateboarding. Tony Hawk was featured, showing his home and his Commodore Amiga.

Then we have Willie Tanner (Max Wright), from the TV show, ALF, with an A2000 in his office. A Commodore monitor sits upon on a classic Suncom monitor stand, plus a Supra Fax modem in the background.
Attachments
Arthur C. Clarke 1988.jpg
Tony Hawk.jpg
Willie Tanner.jpg
ALF.jpeg

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:57 am

I vaguely remember an old science fiction movie where they used a C128 as a keyboard for their ships computer... somehow. If I only could remember the title of the movie...

ArtstateDigital
Wales, United Kingdom

Posted Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:30 am

Then we have the 𝑨𝑴𝑰𝑮𝑨 1000 going primetime in the hit shows, Sledge Hammer! and MIAMI VICE.

Detective Dori Doreau (Anne-Marie Martin) getting to grips with that detachable keyboard.
Sledge Hammer.jpg

Detective Gina Calabrese (Saundra Santiago) telling her friend all about the 'Beautiful machine'.
Gina - Miami Vice.png

James "Sonny" Crockett (Don Johnson) trying his best to look as smooth as Jay Miner's dreamy hardware.
Crockett.jpg

Ever wanted to know what Crockett was writing at his desk? OK, I admit the fakery! My Son (14 at the time of initial post) has great handwriting. ; )
IMG_20190228_190640_HDR.jpg

gordanian
Green Camp, Ohio

Posted Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:14 pm

Watching the 1991 movie Toy Soldiers,I spotted this sexy beauty at around 1hr 15min into it. Its a slightly blurred background....but you can definitely tell its an Amiga 2000/2500.
Attachments
20220206_235535.jpg

gordanian
Green Camp, Ohio

Posted Fri May 27, 2022 5:03 pm

On the new Stranger Things season 4 at around 15 min in Dusty is talking to his girlfriend on shortwave radio. When she comes on screen she is using an Amiga 1000. Has the tank mouse...albeit not plugged in lol
Attachments
20220527_200208.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri May 27, 2022 7:48 pm

Yes indeed! Here are a few more (near the end of the new season that dropped today).
:boing: <3

Return to “The Lounge”