Will you be trying to get into the pre-order frenzy for the MEGA65?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:04 pm

YES
25%
NO
63%
MAYBE but I want to wait and see some YouTube reactions first before I make up my mind, even if it's too late by then and I'm stuck for a year. I can wait, and it's worth it to me to decide after I see more.
13%

Total votes: 8
Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:13 am

Has anyone that had a December ship date heard anything about shipping since we are approaching the end of December?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:49 am

Has anyone that had a December ship date heard anything about shipping since we are approaching the end of December?
Not through an official direct communication, no. I was originally guesstimated to have a ship date around December 27.

However, over on the Discord a couple of weeks ago we were informed that due to shortages of things as benign as cardboard for the packaging, dates for everyone were slipping a few months.

Posted by user deft in the mega65 Discord on December 9, 2021, in the "announcements-only" channel:
HO HO OH NO! SANTA IS IN QUARANTINE!
But we make sure the easter bunny gets his booster vaccination.

Due to the current situation it is impossible for us to send out any MEGA65s in December. We are holding our breath for March. Please bear with us!

tl;dr version:
We have been fighting shortage of electronic components for months and mostly succeeded. But now, last minute, seemingly trivial things like cardboard for your lovely printed boxes are unavailable! We most probably cannot ship before March 2022 and are truly sorry for this. The good news: We will then be able to ship larger quantities at once which means you might face close to or no delay at all. We will keep you updated and continue doing what we all, you - the community and the MEGA65 team, believe in.
Only using Discord to share this news seems unwise, IMO. But there we have it.

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:06 pm

To be fair, I would like to add that cardboard IS in a critical shortage.

Our colleagues in Supply Chain in the company that I work for really have a hard time to keep production up and running. Else we would have to shut down our machines due to shortage of packaging material.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:03 pm

Well that's a bummer.
Only using Discord to share this news seems unwise, IMO. But there we have it.
To say the least. Keep your customers updated, especially considering they not only pre-ordered but pre-paid. This should have been sent out in an email or announced on the main site because not everyone has the time for discord or whatever. Oh well. Thanks for the news.
To be fair, I would like to add that cardboard IS in a critical shortage.
Good point. But that still doesn't change the fact that they only announced this in discord. Not everyone is connected to that...

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:35 am

Ok, got your point. Discord only appears a bit disappointing to me, indeed.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:20 am

Rather than wonder, I posed the question. Essentially the mega team feels it is the responsibility of the Trenz company (the folks who processed the orders). No one seems to know if Trenz plans on sending out an official "We're Delayed" email or not.

Here's the thread:
discord-mega.jpg

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:40 am

Yep, I can confirm the shortage on paper and cardboards here in Germany too. Even our local groceries struggle to provide customers with paper bags...

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon May 09, 2022 8:44 am

Mine has shipped and should arrive in just a couple of days!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 8.37.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 8.37.25 AM.png

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed May 11, 2022 7:59 am

Yeah! Mine is estimated to arrive tomorrow... hopefully. :D
DHL_shipment.jpg

Return to “The Lounge”