vfx_geek
Poland

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:23 am

Hello!

As some of you might already know, after a year in development, I have launched a Kickstarter campaign, for a Tank Mouse remake. The modernized mouse is wireless, has a touch scroll and works with PC, Mac and Amiga!

Check out the project!

Lukas

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lu ... miga-mouse

Your browser does not support the video tag.

vfx_geek
Poland

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:34 am

And here a bit of update and project sneak peek :)

https://youtu.be/Z749IhGh0Zg

finrock
Cupertino, California

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:09 am

I backed! I'm hoping it makes 150% of its goal, would love one of those wireless receivers teased at the bottom of the page.

vfx_geek
Poland

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:16 am

Yes, I hope we can meet the goal stretch, but that's still long way. Please spread the information about the project if you can. Thanks very much!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:31 am

@vfx_geek I wanted you to know I'd spread the word as best I could so far, too.

I made a post about it before your campaign launched (when it had an email notification option, and the excellent YouTube video).

I also put it on Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook. It was quite well-received in all the places I put it. I think the very cool scroll-surface idea is a winner for most.

For me, my only honest concern is the ability of creating injection molded plastic parts in 2022 as that can be a very expensive process. You're not trying to build an entire computer but it's still non-trivial, I'm sure.

I had a friend who wished "its Amiga support were with an Amiga-specific dongle, too, instead of needing a dongle for [a] dongle." But I could see that being its own can of worms. At least in the current concept it can be easily used with modern PC/Mac machines, too. Well, at least ones with USB ports! :)

What software are you personally running in your demos for the mouse to be fully functional? Are there any explicit hardware/software requirements?

I wish your project the very best of luck. It seems to be on a very good trajectory so far - almost half-way there in just a couple of days as of this morning.

Powodzenia! And do let us know how things are going.

vfx_geek
Poland

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:55 am

@intric8 Thank you for your fantastic support! I appreciate that very much.

As for how the mouse works with Amiga. In today's video you can see me connecting the mouse via Lotharek's USB adapter. With this one you just plug the mouse in, no additional software or drivers are needed.

If you want to have the scrolling function in AmigaOS, then RYS MKII adapter needs to be used, and it's provided with a driver.

Oh, and in Workbench you need FreeWheel, a little program that handles the scroll. It's a default aplication in BestWB.

We're now closing in to 50% of the campaign's budget!

Lukas

BatteMan
France

Posted Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:12 pm

Hi,

Great project ! I backed for 4 (2 for me and 2 for a friend). Hope we can reach the stretch goal too ;)

I made a news on AmigaImpact (french website) and some tweets about your project too.

Amiga rulez ! <3

vfx_geek
Poland

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:03 am

@BatteMan Thank you for your support! :)

Lukas

vfx_geek
Poland

Posted Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:13 am

It's going really well :)

Return to “The Lounge”