3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:40 am

Hey all!

I've been attending the Amiga 37 Germany event yesterday (Saturday 15th 2022) and I thought to share some photos with you all. Since the camera of my old cellphone is quite crappy, I apologize for the poor quality of the pics.

The event location is the Kunstwerk in Mönchengladbach. There is a lot of space available and I kinda like the ambience.
Amiga37_Impressions_01_Outside.jpg
Kunstwerk Mönchengladbach

Amiga37_Impressions_02_Entrance.jpg
On we go ...

Amiga37_Impressions_03_FirstImpression.jpg
Amiga37_Impressions_04_FirstImpression.jpg
Amiga37_Impressions_05_FirstImpression.jpg
Amiga37_Impressions_06_FirstImpression.jpg
Amiga37_Impressions_07_Checkmate.jpg
Meeting Steve Jones from Checkmate1500

Amiga37_Impressions_08_A1200Cases.jpg
Cases and Keycaps from A1200.net

Amiga37_Impressions_09_TankMouse.jpg
Meeting Lukas Remis presenting his first factory-made TankMice

Amiga37_Impressions_10_SamsJourneyNES.jpg
Sam's Journey for NES of course ...

Some more photos in the next post below...

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:44 am

Amiga37_Impressions_11_TurricanFigure.jpg
A custom-made Turrican figure!

Amiga37_Impressions_12_AmigaBill.jpg
Look who's here: Amiga Bill

Amiga37_Impressions_13_ChrisHuelsbeck.jpg
Chris Huelsbeck of course ...

Amiga37_Impressions_14_Topdown.jpg
Amiga37_Impressions_15_Topdown.jpg
Amiga37_Impressions_16_DavidPleasance.jpg
Top floor panel: David Pleasance presenting his project

Amiga37_Impressions_17_Ron_Dave.jpg
Panel with Ron Nicholson and Dave Haynie

Amiga37_Impressions_18_Community.jpg
Community Meeting panel

That's it! Sorry again for the crappy quality of the photos.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:32 am

Thank you SO much for posting these photos of the event. Looks like an absolutely FANTASTIC show!

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:07 pm

The floor looked like it had so much activity. My bank balance is glad I did not make it there. What was the response to David’s proposal of AGA?

Silverstreak
YouTube

Posted Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:35 pm

Thanks for posting these! I think you’ve captured the event really well and looks like a really lively show; excellent for the Amiga scene. As for crappy quality, on my crappy phone they look great! Nice work.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:26 am

intric8 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:32 am
Thank you SO much for posting these photos of the event. Looks like an absolutely FANTASTIC show!
Hey there! You are very welcome. :D And indeed, it was a fantastic show. Oh hey, thank you very much for posting on Twitter! <3

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:37 am

fxgogo wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:07 pm
The floor looked like it had so much activity. My bank balance is glad I did not make it there. What was the response to David’s proposal of AGA?
Well, my bank balance had tu suffer... but just a bit. :mrgreen:

David's Amiga Global Alliance (AGA) Project: Well, his lecture earned a lot of applause. However, I think the response to this project is twofold:

On the one hand, creating a central website for all Amiga community's (to try and bring them together more, raise the profile of groups, projects and meetings that happen in the community) is a quite fascinating idea. I think, this idea is what got the audience hooked. On the other hand, the concept of an annual subscription of £30 has yet to prove itself.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:40 am

Silverstreak wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:35 pm
Thanks for posting these! I think you’ve captured the event really well and looks like a really lively show; excellent for the Amiga scene. As for crappy quality, on my crappy phone they look great! Nice work.
Thank you so much for you kind words. Indeed, the event was awesome. It's amazing to see how many people come together to celebrate this great retro-platform and the active community. And I've only been there on one of two days!

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:50 am

Hello again,

here are 3 more pics from the Amiga 37, taken by my cousin (who was accompanying me to the event). He also has collected a bunch of (pretty nice) pictures from the Amiga 37 Telegram-Channel, but since I do not have the rights to use and post those photos, I'll refrain from re-posting them. Enjoy! :)
Amiga37_Impressions_19_Gallery.jpg
Amiga37_Impressions_20_Panel.jpg
Amiga37_Impressions_21_Apollo.jpg

Return to “The Lounge”