invent
Australia

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:49 am

Hey Everyone,

So if you enjoy using art programs on the Amiga, please try out this gadget - Fix Background, I feel it is a very powerful tool.

Amiga forever,

P.S. source files on my Patreon :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:40 am

Thanks for posting this here. I could see this beautiful tutorial in a PDF booklet as an insert "Pro Tip" as I flip through a chapter. Nicely done!

I've got Brilliance 2 but generally use DP as the limiting toolset strikes me as less intimidating. But I do think I should force myself to have a go at Brilliance. If I attempted to create an image I realize I'd learn a ton in no time and get over that hump. It's the path Jim Sachs went, too, in his journey towards more colors, resolutions and features.

invent
Australia

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:38 pm

Thankyou, yes had always planned a book with source files and videos all in one package. If this was my only project I would be well on the way to completing it. Too many other projects (I think about 10 last time I counted) :)

I notice a few bugs in the software, that might have its only dedicated page on :) Bugs such as creating Halfbright shadows with antialiasing, and if you try to remove the shadow, pixel glitches happen. Of course I kinda like the bug/glitches.

Hope to do at least another tut this year - possibly on the use of the dither tool, very powerful but I see alot of artists manually doing dither, which is fun but time intensive :)

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:15 pm

Thanks for that. I only started using Brilliance recently and I love it. It kinda reminds me of the Quantel style of interface and working. Still have a ways to go on learning this tool.

invent
Australia

Posted Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:35 pm

When I created the Kraftwerk animation, I did create a more detailed posting of how I did it. (not paywalled now)
https://www.patreon.com/posts/making-of-37121001

This is the other Tutorial - Rub Thru

https://www.patreon.com/posts/brilliance-ii-59264257

Included source files and the PDF Tutorial :)

Return to “The Lounge”