Pinacolada

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:29 pm

ISO Amiga nerd at PaCommEx, I felt like there was a long-distance connection... Me: Skinny nerd in orange Commodore shirt, went "aw" at your mention of SCCC group only having two members. You: gave a great talk on the Rejuvenator. In search of Commodore nerdery, awesome 8/16 bit camaraderie, and ???. :)

Ha, ok, maybe as a "missed connection" that was a bit over the top, but seriously (what? me be serious?) I didn't get a chance to say "hi" afterwards 'cause others were busy doing the same. Totally did not know of your quest to get the Rejuvenator project going (or about its existence at all!), so thanks for that talk. I'll catch part 2 on YouTube later, totally interested in that, but I was talking with other friends who had stopped by. Augh, so much cool stuff, three ring circus kinda thing. Still hyped about PaCommEx! I don't think my arms will ever be the same, lugging 75 lbs. of stuff up on the Sounder train.

PSCUG is still a thing, now that I have a few leads on a venue (University of Puget Sound campus library is a very good possibility) in Tacoma we might, like, actually meet more than once every six months. :)

I think I mentioned in an earlier post about my friend Gordon's SRCS group (Seattle RetroComputing Society) which ostensibly meets in Redmond... but it's a thing, too. It's more generalized for all old computers and things of "ooh, shiny!" nature, though there are some Commodore/Amiga nerds in it.

So... *waves from Everett* Gonna head back to Seattle tomorrow to visit with my uncle who I haven't spoken to in 5 years for no actual good reason other than "Oh, I'll do that soon." Ha.

Hope you're enjoying the post-show high like I am! Met a handful of folks interested in local meet-ups and I didn't even hog all the limelight. Told a few about your forum and group! It's a small enough community everyone needs support.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Ah man Pinacolada I can picture you in my mind as you describe yourself - that orange shirt stood out! Man I wish I'd had more time. We had to kind of run out of there by 4pm as we had a graduation dinner to go to that night, and we all had to lug everything home and change.

I hear you with the aching back. I'd hurt my leg a few days before the show and thank goodness @mattsoft was there and helped me drag things back and forth from my van. I made my kids get to work, too. :)

So sorry we weren't able to connect. Are you going to PRGE in October? I just bought my tickets a few days ago. We're driving down Saturday and attending Sunday. Matt's going to be there all weekend. Let me know if you'll be heading down there - we can try to meet up again!

Thanks for the kind words about the talk. I hope to post about it here this week. We have 2 videos shot for it. Mine are really poor quality, but you can get the gist of them and at least the audio is in good shape. I'm betting Robert Bernardo's video is going to be way way better when he gets that up on YouTube.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:59 pm

By the way, for this week's meet up we have 3 confirmed and another a strong maybe. So we're at least going to have a 50% increase in attendance, and possibly 100%! :)

Return to “The Lounge”