intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Have you guys seen this? Take a quick peek if you haven't.
Above is a 13 minute play-through preview going through levels 1 to 3 of Eye of the Beholder. On the Commodore 64! It's being put together by a gentleman named Andreas Larsson who is "confident it will get finished" now that the Ultimate II carts (and Ultimate boards) have been selling so well world-wide.

Here are some of the specs of the game dev status:
  • Audio subsystem implemented. Audio quality will be improved later.
  • 50% done with the spell casting.
  • No known bugs left.
  • New UI
According to Larsson in a comment on YouTube:
It will require 1Mb of ROM such as the Easy Flash cartridge, or emulated by the 1541U2 cart, or if you create your own 1Mb ocean cart.
Amazing! I can't wait.

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 pm

Niiiiice! I hope this has both NTSC and PAL compatibility; I'm stoked to try this out!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:37 am

I asked Andreas Larsson about NTSC.

Larsson:
NTSC is supported. If I get official publishing rights from Ubisoft I will sell it as an official game.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:15 pm

this is lights out WoW news <3 :!: :!: :!: now what's this about 1mb ROM cart :ugeek: :twisted:

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 pm

One more update. I asked if the game would support the 1351 C= mouse.

Andreas Larsson:
It's built around the 1351 mouse but I will provide good keyboard controls also.
I also mentioned to Andreas that some of us could craft an online petition on his behalf at some stage (say, 10,000 signatures?) to help Ubisoft release the rights to the game for the C64 platform.

Larsson:
<3 That's lovely to hear! I'm sure I'll need the help. Feels like a David vs Goliath situation tbh.

primitivefunction

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:49 pm

This looks insanely good. Bravo!

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:30 pm

How great looking! I just restarted this game last week on my A1200 - first time I have played it in almost 25 years!

JackAsser

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 am

Thanks for the kind words!

/Andreas

JackAsser

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:55 am

Check out IRN's exclusive interview with Andreas Larsson

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:47 am

@JackAsser - I read about that (I joined the Dungeon Crawler group on FB as you post there often). VERY cool IRN got an interview with you, Andreas. You're doing something really amazing. Personally, your game is easily my most highly anticipated game of the year.

Return to “The Lounge”