Last summer my daughter took a 3D printing camp at the University of Washington. When her camp was over, we got a brand new Monoprice 3D printer as a parting gift to encourage her to keep her making things.Naturally I put it in my office (she can use it any tie she wants!). But after setting it up, no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to print.
Last week I took it to the Seattle Commodore Computer Club where several people took it apart to see what was up, let by Mattsoft. After about 30 minutes they figured out that the printer had been shipped from the factory with a piece of filament inside the nozzle that would not come out on its own no matter how how I made it. But they were able to dig it out and get it working! To think - the quality controls at Monoprice involve a test print, but that very process makes it unusable out of the box! Pretty crappy...
Anyway after my first test print today, I quickly printed a piece I've needed for a few months now: the Ultimate64 & C64 Reloaded power connector cover.
It came out great! Oh, so many things to print now!