I'd been in a daily morning habit when getting to work of the following:
-) Open Browser
-) Go to Turbo Chameleon page (via Bookmark)
-) Look at "Out of Stock" message, then getting on with work.
Well, I didn't hear back from Jens this morning, but when I went though my routine, the page had suddenly changed! So, yeah. This is a great day. The Turbo Chameleon is finally available for orders. Christmas came a little early this year.
For those that don't know, the Turbo has 2 key uses.
1) It can be used as a stand alone FPGA with a C64 core, Amiga, and others.
2) The Turbo Chameleon serves as a C64 accelerator, faster than the SuperCPU. "Especially applications like Geos or Pagefox gain a lot of usability due to the higher processor performance."
There are many more uses than just those two, but those are the two most powerful features IMO.
Totally geeky, but it even has support for the CDTV's infrared receiver for CDTV remote control! There is also an optional yet nifty docking station for the cart when in stand-alone mode.
- four joystick ports
- a connector for C64 or VC-20 keyboards
- a connection for an Amiga 500 keyboard
- a connection for the minimig cable