G8rduc
North Florida

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:16 am

Has anyone dealt with the Amiga-Kit Store, based out of the UK? I placed my first order with them and it came fairly quickly. Order included a Go-Tek drive which seems to have a screwed up display. I messaged them, he asked me some questions, had me plug it into another source, etc...still same problem. I placed a 2nd order for some additional things and now I can't get him to reply and I tried to call and it says I can't connect. And my 2nd order is now missing :(

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:34 am

They are great people and will get you your product - I order from them here in the USA, and shipping is pretty quick from the UK. There have always been communications problems with them, unanswered emails and phone calls seem fairly common. I often send them a message on Facebook - they respond to that pretty quick.
https://www.facebook.com/amigakitcom/

G8rduc
North Florida

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:43 am

Perfect. Good to know, I’ll give FB a shot!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:10 pm

I'd say you'll probably get your products unannounced and right about the time you forgot you even ordered them.

In my anecdotal non-scientific experience their communication can be sketch at best. I've had situations where an email didn't get a response, or I might get a terse one two weeks after I sent it. But usually I'm left wondering if their email address actually works.

I've had very similar experiences with Amigastore.eu, too.

For me, I use those shops as a last-case scenario. But they are some of the only places that sell new products so I always keep them in mind. I treat it a bit like Ebay, except with fewer tools in case something goes wrong.

And 100% it requires patience.

Return to “The Lounge”