intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:33 am

This week I put one of the brand new Rejuvenvator 2 clones in my daily driver A1k. I carefully removed the old original Rejuvenator by Expert Services and put it in "Indiana Jones Storage" for the time being.

IMG_5435.jpg

A good friend of mine on Rejuve Team USA built himself a new board (and cleaned up a couple areas of the BOM along the way) while simultaneously making one for me as well. I received it this week and immediately began to transfer chips from one board onto the other: Paula, Denise, 2MB chip with adapter boards, A3K Agnus and the new GALs.

IMG_5533.jpg

I'll go into more detail on the ins and outs of this whole process later, but I wanted to at least show a couple of shots for the folks who've been following this project for the past three years that the end of the line is very close indeed.

IMG_5509.jpg

Why we haven't released anything so far:
We haven’t been able to fully test the newly founded equations that were revealed only a week ago. We want to make sure every function works. We would like to make sure everything is perfect as possible before uploading the equations and announcing complete success. So for a little while longer, we should still be in "prototype mode" until several of us can verify success.

And I'm on it.

IMG_5530.jpg

Acill

Posted Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:47 am

I just got 5 boards and will be starting builds with my team of friends here soon. Hope to see the GAL code out soon.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:18 am

I just got 5 boards
That's very cool! Although I do wish you'd managed to wait a tad longer. We're reprinting the silk screen design in the final build with an (I think) exceptional memorial to Greg Tibbs I can't wait to share that is actually embedded in the PCB. It'll also have the finalized logo on the board.

Hook
Ottawa, Canada

Posted Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:19 pm

This is all very exciting!! Thanks for sharing these updates with us!

obitus1990
USA

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:11 pm

Can anyone involved tell me if the DIP 16 resistor networks used on the board are bussed or isolated type resistor networks, or, does it matter? I'm trying to acquire the parts to build one for Acill and I -- so far, I've found about half of the required molex connectors to be out of stock on Digikey and Mouser.

Thanks!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:25 pm

This is what we used.

From Matt:
"It's an isolated type network."

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:28 pm

Also:
too bad if the molexes are out of stock. the only one i could not get was the 6-pin molex. so i bought 2 3-pin and set them side-by-side. you wouldn’t even notice unless i told ya!

so yeah, you can buy lower-pin molexes and set them side-by-side.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:19 pm

Thank you. Ask Matt if he thinks wire wrap sockets would have long enough pins that would also fit into the sockets on the motherboard. I've never seen one of those in person, so, I have no idea what size the pins are. They may be entirely too large to slide into a DIP socket.

TommyE

Posted Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:37 pm

Hello

Anyone willing to build a board for me? Will pay for parts and labour of course.

I have all custom chips and roms myself.

Thanks
Tommy

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:12 pm

All built up and waiting on GALs (and code) and RAM. Mailing it back to Acill tomorrow... a fun, but pricey, project.

As an aside, and maybe it's just a problem with the two boards I have, I found the vias for the connectors at positions X15 and X14 to be too small to fit the pins for the connectors through. They are noticeably smaller than those for the other molex connectors. Maybe an error in the board files themselves, maybe just a fabrication error. I tried to push them in and all it did was bend the legs, so I had to actually file the pins a bit to get them to insert passively.
IMG_2063.jpg

Return to “Hardware”