JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:52 am

JoeUser wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:06 am
Just ordered the Parceiro from David!
Just updating my earlier post. I received the Parceiro last Friday, but am in the process of putting together my second A1000 after retro-briting the case and keyboard. David's included instructions in the package are top-notch, and comprehensive. And, includes the KickWork disk, as well.

I might give it a test-run on my bone-stock A1000 this evening, but I'm really interested to see how it works with the disassembled machine that has the Spirit 1000 board installed.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon May 03, 2021 8:03 pm

There has been a small update. Introducing the Parceiro 1.1.

Chris.LDN

Posted Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:54 am

Hi, does the Parceiro have advantages over the Terrible Fire 534?

I'm not familiar with either but am considering upgrade options for a stock A1000.

Seems the TF534 can be installed internally, which makes it a neater solution, however it also means swapping mass storage card would be a pain compared to the Parceiro.

In addition to mass storage, both the Parceiro and TF534 include additional fast ram are both roughly the same price, however the TF534 also includes CPU accelerator.

Does this basically sum up the pros/cons or have am I missing something?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:03 am

The Parceiro was designed to be used with an Amiga 1000 as if it were a modern piece of tech that came back on a Delorean to 1985 and was slapped onto an existing machine. The OS can remain 1.3, the way it was bought from the store.

It provides storage, 8MB RAM and a RTC. That's it.

The TF 534 really was designed as an accelerator first and foremost, with 4MB RAM on top. If you want to use the CF connector you're looking at OS 2.0+ minimum.

They aren't really 1:1 comparisons in my mind. One is a bit of tech that gives you modern comforts but allows the machine to feel era-correct. The other is an 030 that will push the machine more into the realm of a very tidy, fast package on a more modern OS.

Depends on what you ultimately want to use the machine for, I suppose.

Chris.LDN

Posted Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:14 am

intric8 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:03 am
The TF 534 really was designed as an accelerator first and foremost, with 4MB RAM on top. If you want to use the CF connector you're looking at OS 2.0+ minimum.
OK that's really good to know. I plan to keep my A1000 period accurate on OS 1.3, so this being the case then the Parceiro is the winner for me :D

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:05 am

intric8 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:03 am
The TF534's IDE can run under Kickstart 1.3 if you embed scsi.device into a 512KB custom ROM. You will lose access to the memory though, with contradicting accounts of success using ADDMEM to add it back after boot. I've seen the former first hand but have not tried the latter.

The TF530 is a much better fit, both literally (smaller footprint) and for the Z2 RAM in the A1000.

(edit) You absolutely HAVE to modify your A1000 to boot kickstart from ROM if you want to do so with a 68030+ .

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:48 pm

intric8 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:03 pm
There has been a small update. Introducing the Parceiro 1.1.
wow cool have to let David know I'd like to get mine upgraded <3 ...would probably be a good idea for him to email/notify his clients directly moving forward

Gliou
Marseille 13 BDR, FRANCE

Posted Sun May 22, 2022 1:41 am

Hi
French here, my name is Gilles and I was 52 old.
With A1000 PAL (European) original MY AMIGA 1000 buy by my parents in 1986, later we bought a Amiga 3000 (I always have).

I buy a ParceiroII from David, and I'm very HAPPY, my 1000 is re born, I passed my free time on it with ASM_One and learn assembly 68000.

https://ibb.co/BfXMnC1
https://ibb.co/fn1h2Pb

The main board modify
2 PAL changed with red point
and red wire

https://ibb.co/rfSyDMp
https://ibb.co/SBRvgQJ

Big THANKS to David

Seb132
Gold Coast, Australia

Posted Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:47 am

Is there a website, a twitter or a blog to follow progress ?
I know the current version is 2.0 and there is a 3.0 in the making but I find hard to know about it...

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:08 am

I know the current version is 2.0
There should be more information around this fairly soon.

Return to “Hardware”