3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:42 am

Pitty they do not have a pre-order possibility, or at least a "send a reminder email if they are available again" option.

jdryyz

Posted Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:42 am

I read over on EAB that the ROMulator doesn't get along with accelerators.

Guess I'm glad I did not rush to get this one. It came up on my radar again because I was looking to update my KS 3.2 ROM to 3.2.1.

It is also moot since it is out of stock on AOL right now. I understand this is not uncommon for Kipper products.

Kevin Brice
Seattle, WA
YouTube

Posted Mon May 16, 2022 11:57 pm

The Romulator doesn't get along with anything that wants to hold reset so it can go run its own code ahead of Kickstart. So it's not an incompatibility with accelerators - it's an incompatibility with things like the ACA500, which is trying to do the exact same thing as the Romulator: sneak in and run its own code. But if you have an ACA500, you have no use for a Romulator anyway , as the ACA500 has its own ROM switcher.

I have one of these in my A500. It usually works, but randomly red screens the machine in the middle of use. To recover, you have to hold CTRL+AMIGA+AMIGA to get back to the ROM switcher menu, then select a ROM again. It'll then work again for a random amount of time, usually quite a while. I've tried repeatedly to reach out to Kipper2K about the bug after AoTL connected us via email, but Kipper2K never responded. It's disappointing, as apart from this random red screen bug, it's exactly what I want for this unaccelerated A500.

Return to “Hardware”