grshaw

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:21 am

Olem: Post more pictures when you get it cased and set up!
Sure thing. Put it in a case yesterday.
caseRotated.jpg
Today, I have been cleaning the keyboard, which I bought off eBay and looks like it had never been cleaned in the last 30 years. :D I could post an article about the clean up job on the keyboard.
a2000.jpg
Red LEDs baby. Oh yeah!

I have gone for the authentic 1980s feel. I want the machine to look like it is brand new, with no modern enhancements. I want it to re-create my A1500 from BITD. Anyone know where I can buy an Amiga 1500 case badge? That would just be the Icing on the case for me. :D Still need to get that CRT monitor.

The Floppy disk needs servicing TBH - it's not reliable. Problems reading disks that I know to be good. I will need to sort that out.

One thing I did notice yesterday was that the power LED is red. That's different from my old A1500, but I think I can live with that. Looks better in my opinion. Apparently, the older A2000s have a red LED, just like the older A500s. Was a nice surprise when I was greeted with this yesterday.
redLED.jpg

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:58 am

that looks really awesome! Great job mate

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:31 pm

Awesome build, Great job troubleshooting and getting it going.

I have 2 A2000's. One was the one I used back in the day. They both had battery damage and I repaired them but it would nice to have a clean undamaged board so I ordered one from the UK. Now just need to get all the parts. I have some damaged A500 boards so I can always get chips from that If I need to.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:14 pm

grshaw wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:21 am
want it to re-create my A1500 from BITD. Anyone know where I can buy an Amiga 1500 case badge? That would just be the Icing on the case for me. :D Still need to get that CRT monitor.
Dominick Boos on the Commodore Amiga Facebook group makes some nice case badge reproductions. He's in Switzerland, I think. I've bought several from him.

He also sells nice reproduction boxes for the wedge Amigas...
here is his site:
https://www.plakativ-druck.ch/shop/index.php

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:45 am

May I ask you a favour?

Could you tell me the exact dimensions of the mainboard?

grshaw

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:33 am

Yup. Sure. Dimensions are 418 x 355 mm. Or, in imperial units: 16.5 x 14 inches.

eugenenine

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:54 pm

grshaw wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:33 am
Or, in imperial units: 16.5 x 14 inches.
What about rebellion units?

I have a battery damaged 2000, I'm tempted to do this too. Is the board expensive?

grshaw

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:30 am

Hey there.

I bought my board from Acill. I think it cost me $80 plus Postage. He may have some PCBs left.

Additionally, Rob Taylor is selling some cool looking black PCBs on his Tindie store for $50 plus postage:

Postage is likely to be expensive because they are such big boards.

Return to “Hardware”