bradpadgett

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:54 pm

I am trying to upgrade my Amiga 4000 power supply with a Corsair sx450 and the Amigakit adapter. When I connect it, my 4000 does not power on. The fan spins for like one second and then nothing. The original power supply works perfectly and the 4000 works perfectly.

Also I can take the new power supply and connect it with an adapter to an Amiga 500 and the 500 boots fine which leads me to believe that the new PSU is good.

I have tried connecting the floppy drive and DOM to the new PSU when it is connected to the 4000 with no change.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing here?

obitus1990
New Orleans, LA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:16 pm

Could be missing the power_ok signal the A4000 is looking for.

bradpadgett

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:32 pm

I think it is built into the adapter. People are telling me they just plug it into the psu and the amiga plug and it just works.

obitus1990
New Orleans, LA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:33 pm

Indeed, it should. I have one on my 4000 as well. Is Pin 8 of the ATX plug side of the adapter connected to ground?

bradpadgett

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:28 pm

Both adapters are wired the same: Wire goes directly from pin 1 of the amiga plug end directly to pin 8 of the atx end.

on the power supply plug, all the wires are black and go into the inside of the power supply so unless it is connected to ground inside the power supply I am not sure

obitus1990
New Orleans, LA, USA

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:54 pm

Check this link

^^ looks like someone else is having this issue too (unsolved) using the same adapter.

And here he is on EAB.

His issue was a short somewhere. But, other users chimed in about newer PSUs needing a SENSE signal on the 3.3v line, elsewise they won't power up.

Return to “Hardware”