Mixel

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:10 am

I don't think it's good news for Series V tablets. I haven't had any to try it on, but it looks like it has to be series IV or below, unless you can brute force one of the drivers into behaving somehow? I'd be really interested in what (if anything) happens using the old drivers considering some of the oldest ones (Accupoint) must predate the Wacom IV series, yet they still work on them with tweaking.. I guess Wacom may have changed things drastically in the Series V models though? :?

I've checked the documentation in Penpartner, FormAldiHyd, Tableau etc, none of them claim to support series V tablets..

There's a USB Wacom V series driver for OS4 though but that won't be any help. :/

Something unexpected I learned during this whole video making thing - What we in Europe got as the "Wacom Ultrapad" - which is basically the prosumer version of the ArtPad with more buttons and tilt support etc.. in the US is known as "Art-Z II" - you can get seemingly often get an Art Z 2 on ebay for same or less than Artpads, I guess because of lack of name recognition?

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:13 am

OH, you got me all excited Mixel. All excited and now nowhere to go. Well I will give it a go. MAybe it is time for a new driver to be written. I mean how hard could it be....;)

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:24 am

It’s extremely hard as the stack is closed and the author has left the classic Amiga for good.

Mixel

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:41 pm

fxgogo wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:13 am
OH, you got me all excited Mixel. All excited and now nowhere to go. Well I will give it a go. MAybe it is time for a new driver to be written. I mean how hard could it be....;)
Ahh sorry! If it's any consolation I had the same sort of hurdles that couldn't be solved without throwing money at it a few times. Depends how many tablets you want around the place though really. :?

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:35 am

McTrinsic wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:24 am
It’s extremely hard as the stack is closed and the author has left the classic Amiga for good.
And being, what most people call an entry level programmer, yeah, it does not look good.

Mixel

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:03 am

fxgogo wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:13 am
I'd be interested to see if anything happens with Tableau Pro? Its' old website may be lying but it says it supports Intuos tablets, but it doesn't mention them at all in the manual.. I don't know if there were any Series 4 Intuos, so it's a bit scummy if they outright lied about support considering it was commercial software.
Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 21.09.35.png
Here's the ADF.. http://mixelmagic.com/mixelslab/TableauPro.adf if you want to try it. :)

It'd be great if Tableau did turn out to be useful for something after I had to buy it on Ebay, lol. As it is it's been a huge red herring.

And I figured out what was wrong in PPaint, and it's absolutely hilarious what was stopping it from working.. I'll put it in the video. :lol:

hmm, apparently there was a Tableau LT driver for the Wacom Intuos A6..? But the Pro version should include all that. Doesn't mention any of these Intuos variants in its manual! So weird.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:45 pm

Thanks Mixel, I will give it a go.

Mixel

Posted Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:42 pm

Here's my serial port graphics tablets on the Amiga video

https://youtu.be/u5ixZhIxMus

- I go into quite a lot of detail about a bunch of things.

The PPaint discovery stings, you can hear a lot of leftover glitches where I had to take a hatchet to the script after I figured out how to make PPaint work properly, lol.

Thanks for popping by fxgogo :D

Mixel

Posted Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:50 am

My A1200's motherboard is on its way to be recapped so I thought I'd have a go at art with my UAE backup of it's CF card.. (I'm not worried about the motherboard in the post, honest! :cry: )

But.. I got my Serial Wacom running in WinUAE!!!

.. I don't know what went wrong last time(s) but I've figured it out now. Now I get to try the surreal experience of Photogenics at 1080p with RTG and tablet pressure.. I'll definitely do a part 2/addendum to my tablets video now as this is pretty exciting.. (and surprisingly gives me a reason for having 2 graphics tablets, that's unexpected!) - I might stream this setup tomorrow, too.

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:47 pm

Congrats, that’s great to hear!

Glad you figured it out, can‘t wait to see the results :) .

Have fun working with it!

Return to “Hardware”