dalek
Australia

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:51 pm

This is really awesome! Thanks for making the files available. One day I'll be able to replace the seriously yellowed back plastic on my A1000 :)

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:12 am

Some time ago I read about 3D-printing by sintering Alumium-powder.

Ever since then I am dreaming about a respective complete A1000 case made of Alumium.

bwldrbst

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:14 pm

McTrinsic wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:12 am
Some time ago I read about 3D-printing by sintering Alumium-powder.

Ever since then I am dreaming about a respective complete A1000 case made of Alumium.
These aluminium A4000 bezels look pretty slick!

halfbrite

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:42 am

nonarkitten wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:43 pm
Like this? It would mean gluing in the rest of the PCI bracket assembly. Everything here is totally flush. I have no idea if this would fit in an actual 1000; I would have to check the edge tolerances and the space the motherboard and IO actually take up.
Yes, kinda :)

Sorry been distracted past week with a few other things...

halfbrite

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:43 am

blindguy wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:17 pm
halfbrite wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:06 pm
Any one interested in me doing face up prints?
Where you located? I've been getting better results with top down but I'll give it a shot.
Boston, MA Would be curious to see how much work it is for clean up, however that being said, if your layering is not bad, doing vertical may be the best. What are your printer build dimensions?

If I have the time this week, I will spend it tweaking my bed, temps etc and see if I can get better face down prints. With my build surface, I will always have the mottling, well an even mottling ;).

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/3 ... er-of-pla/

Then you could of course sand it smooth.

blindguy

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:47 pm

I did like 3 min cleanup and it looked pretty good.
I have to figure out how to take better picts.
Bed size is 400x400 so for this i had to do it on an angle but it seemed fine.

blindguy

Posted Wed May 05, 2021 9:04 am

nonarkitten wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:04 pm

Thanks, and I remember those. I was going to order one and never got around to it. Not to be outdone:

Or the cooler looking but probably unprintable.
These are awesome but I am having a hard time printing the cooler one.
Could you please post a link to the one piece version with the commodore logo that is easier to print please?
Thanks,
bg

Christian

Posted Wed May 05, 2021 10:20 pm

I am planning to make a custom Indivision cable that I will feed through a fan ventilation slot before assembling the cable. So I’ll have to cut the cable if I want to remove it, but don’t have to damage the backplate.

champagnechips

Posted Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:18 pm

I just wanted to say hi and say THANK YOU for designing and making available the schema! That was super helpful in shoving a Vampire card into my Amiga 1000. Two things I might change though (as feedback, and if I had the skills I might give it a go): The HDMI extension I use pretty much prevents me from putting an SD card slot extension in the Vampire, and the way the Vampire sits in the case prevents me from mounting the ethernet port where it currently sits. Moving the ethernet port over to the leftmost position possible (same height) should solve that problem. As for the HDMI port hole, I don't know if it's possible (structurally, mostly) to move that down and towards the PCI slot a little more to allow an SD card slot extension to sit in there.

Otherwise, again - wonderful idea and thanks again for making this happen! Well done!

jdryyz

Posted Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:43 am

Glad I found this thread.

@blindguy - I was curious if you could post a photo of your single piece while installed in an A1000.

Thanks!

Return to “Hardware”