Goggles

Posted Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:07 pm

Is anyone printing these for sale?

blindguy

Posted Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:28 pm

Yes, I'm printing a one piece version here in the US.

send me a text if your interested.
Attachments
20201117_090004.jpg

blindguy

Posted Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:58 pm

jdryyz wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:43 am
Glad I found this thread.

@blindguy - I was curious if you could post a photo of your single piece while installed in an A1000.

Thanks!
I didn't put one in my A1000 as it is pretty stock. Doug (10Marc) (10 Min Amiga Retro Cast) did a video on it showing everything off from one I sent him. Not sure if I'm allowed to spam with you tube videos but just google around and you will find it.

I also sent one to Chris Edwards and he did a you tube video on it as well so there are a couple of video on your tube with them in the case.

jdryyz

Posted Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:17 pm

I should have deleted that post since I ended up getting and successfully installing it a while back. :D

jdryyz

Posted Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:32 pm

Here are some photo examples of an installed rear panel from blindguy. I should have posted these a while back. Sorry for the delay.
rear_reduced.jpg

The color matching is fantastic. Ignore the fact that my A1000 case is slightly yellowed in spots.

left_reduced.jpg
The particular HDMI rack mount adapter I found would not actually fit into the HDMI opening but it works fine in the VGA one (OK with me as I never plan to use VGA).
int_HDMI.jpg
My DF0 selector switch fit nicely below my HDMI menu switch. I think I lucked out on this one. I did not give it any forethought on clearances. I did have to drill out the holes a bit more but that was no trouble at all.
int_right_reduced.jpg

I'm really happy for the creator of the 3D file and to blindguy for being able to print it in a single piece!!

luvwagn

Posted Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:19 pm

jdryyz wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:32 pm
My DF0 selector switch fit nicely below my HDMI menu switch. I think I lucked out on this one. I did not give it any forethought on clearances. I did have to drill out the holes a bit more but that was no trouble at all.
I'm really happy for the creator of the 3D file and to blindguy for being able to print it in a single piece!!
Curious which DFx selector solution you went for - do the ones for A500s work fine on the A1000? I wasn't clear if they'd work, if the CIAs are the same.

Also, for the HDMI menu button (in the Kickstart switch location), is it just a momentary switch wired over to the RGB2HDMI solution you have?

Nice A1000 set-up, what accelerator card are you running (if any)?

jdryyz

Posted Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:02 pm

I got it from AmigaKit:

https://amigakit.amiga.store/floppy-dri ... 6ldosme809

I had to remove it however since it interferes with the Rejuvenator board.

Yes, the RGB2HDMI switch is just a momentary one.

No accelerator card in this A1K....yet. :)

luvwagn

Posted Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:58 am

jdryyz, how did that floppy switcher interfere with the rejuvenator board, exactly? i thought the rejuvenator used the same pin risers as the normal A1000 daughter-board?

jdryyz

Posted Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:12 pm

I do not have a photo with the Rejuv installed but there is more overhang where the switcher needs to go.

Attached is a before photo. You can see where the switcher butts up right against the pin headers but it is still fully functional. The Rejuv overhang would plow right into the IC on the switcher.
switcher.jpg

luvwagn

Posted Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:51 pm

very good picture, thank you. The design i'm looking at has the mainboard socket and the CIA socket reversed, so the CIA chip on top would sit away from the pins and more towards the CPU.

Here's the PCB on PCBWay: Image

I wonder if that would work.

Return to “Hardware”