Seb132
Gold Coast, Australia

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:20 pm

intric8 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:10 pm
... You'd probably have to put a book under it, though, and maybe even decide to raise your desk chair a couple of inches along the way. Hah!
In fact it's not totally idiot. My approach is exactly opposite though: making a cut-out in my desk to "sink" the SubSystem in it, with enough space around the cut-out to switch it ON easily and keep it well aerated, and just deep enough to have the A570 flush with the A500 literally "floating" at my normal table height...

With few LEDs inside the cavity, when you'll switch the Amiga ON it might look quite spectacular... :geek:

dalek
Australia

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:29 pm

Seb132 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:48 pm
Another cool thing is the Zorro passthrough... I wonder if a A570 CD-Rom would work too, with it. I'm not sure the memory addresses would be in conflict with any of the internal Zorro boards...
The A570 doesn't have it's autoconfig CFGIN/CFGOUT pins passed through so without trying to physically mod it you won't get it working with any other zorro expansions on the edge connector.

Seb132
Gold Coast, Australia

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:54 am

Interesting. Is the Mod of the A570 documented somewhere I can dig into?

dalek
Australia

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:09 pm

Seb132 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:54 am
Interesting. Is the Mod of the A570 documented somewhere I can dig into?
No it would be your own doing - you would need to isolate CFGOUT from where it is grounded at DMAC's socket (e.g. kapton tape the socket contact) and redirect the signal to your next board. Also, the A570 hardcodes ZII addresses so you'll need to make sure there is no conflict with whatever you intend to use.

Return to “Hardware”