Bulletdust

Posted Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:47 am

McTrinsic wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:23 am
As far as I understood it, that’s indeed the case.

The point for the TF guy was _when_ to open source stuff.

He would design a new accelerator and make some money providing PCBs or fully assembled boards for a few months. Only after a time determined by himself - maybe depending on the money he made - he would release all the items to public.

He seems quite determined to achieve something, at the costs of valuable interaction sometimes. He quit participating on A1k.org international section due to unwillingness to comply with some basic rules.
Do you think perhaps he started with good intentions, then he saw just how much money could be made out of the Amiga enthusiast market and (respectfully speaking) greed got the better of him?

I was actually quite enthusiastic when I first saw the development of the TF line of products, I thought this might be a good way out of the extreme costs and monopolistic practices so prevalent in the Amiga society.

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:21 am

Well, that’s a good guess but I just can’t say. Only collected a few impressions from his online presence.

What I did note is that he was rather unwilling to work together with folks like Matze, who did some great designs.

I’m a bit more leaning towards the support of the remaining and hard trying companies. The non-commercial hardware designers avoid liabilities that the commercial companies need to comply with. It’s an exploit of legal grey areas.

Return to “Hardware”