McTrinsic wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:50 pm
It sounds like you could follow this guide
Be careful about the steps regarding a „3.9“ ROM. On that page, a 1MB ROM is created. You don’t need that.
Might be able to skip to the part where he splits etc.
Thanks for this link.
I managed to create my KS rom with the new intuition library!
Here's how I did it:
1. I ripped my own rom using the remus 'romsplit' program which reads all libraries from the KS roms on the motherboard.
2. I added all of those ripped libraries into a new project in REMUS in the EXACT order they were ripped out.
3. I replaced the intuition.library from the rom with the one I wanted to use.
4. I used the 'compile' feature to create a new rom but with setting "split and swap" which creates HI and LO 256Kb rom files.
5. I LHA'ed it up to a file and copied it to my Gotek USB drive.
6. Read the USB stick on my PC using ADF Opus. ADF Opus opened the gotek floppy file I had copied the HI and LO files to.
7. I doubled the rom sizes by typing in DOS: "type hi.rom >>hi_final.rom" (twice) and "type lo.rom >>lo_final.rom" (twice) which adds the original file to the new file making new files that are 512Kb. Not sure why this was needed but that was the magical part.
8. Used my eprom burner to burn the 512Kb HI and LO rom files to their respective EPROM. MX27C4100DC-12 EPROMS btw.
9. Placed the hi and lo roms into sockets U180 and U181 on the Amiga 3000 motherboard.
Et voila, KS roms with the new intuition library 45 which allows you to drag windows off of the screen.