Crispy
Sunhillow

Posted Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:28 am

While going through some boxes in my back room I came across an ICD AdIDE; I completely forgot that I had one. Anyway, I'd like to put in my A1000 along with the spare SATA drive that I have. Of course I'll need an adapter for that.

Has anyone here tried using an IDE to SATA adapter with the AdIDE? Does it work? If so, then are there any issues or downsides to using a SATA drive with the AdIDE?

Beska

Posted Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:25 am

The big question is, why would you want to? There are numerous IDE to SD Card adaptors out there, why not use one of those?

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:30 pm

I’d go for a IDE2CF Adapter.

These old adapters sometimes are picky about the drive they work with. Old CFs come cheap so you could try a few.

TommyE

Posted Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:43 pm

Crispy wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:28 am
While going through some boxes in my back room I came across an ICD AdIDE; I completely forgot that I had one. Anyway, I'd like to put in my A1000 along with the spare SATA drive that I have. Of course I'll need an adapter for that.

Has anyone here tried using an IDE to SATA adapter with the AdIDE? Does it work? If so, then are there any issues or downsides to using a SATA drive with the AdIDE?
Not sure if it will work, but I use a PATA DOM module on mine. Works great, anf they are cheap.

TommyE

Return to “Hardware”