hansliss

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:23 am

I have an A2088 Bridgeboard in my (German) A2000 Rev 4.0, which works fine, but not when my GoldenIMAGE RC-2000 memory card is installed. It's running the v3.5 BIOS (380788-04), and I now want to try v3.6.1 (380788-06) instead, since it's described as having fixes for third-party autoconfig card compatibility.

However, I can't get the Bridgeboard to start at all with 3.6.1. I've tried a couple of different EPROMs and I've verified their contents, as well as burning a 3.5 EPROM as a control. The 3.5 works, none of the 3.6.1 works. Does anyone know of any such issue? I'm using the latest Janus software from http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/a2088xt and I do not have a clock mod on the board, and no ISA cards installed. I'm testing without the GoldenIMAGE card, of course. The symptoms are
  • No activity on the floppy drive
  • Janus.library fails to load
Also, does anybody know anything about the compatibility problem with the GoldenIMAGE card? Does anyone run a BridgeBoard together with a SupraRAM card, which is more or less the same card, only (apparently) newer? I know I can't use an 8MB expansion together with the A2088, but I only have 4MB on this card, and I've even tried setting the jumpers to 2MB with no difference. The symptoms when I have the memory card installed is
  • ZaphodServiceTask crashes on startup, but Janus.library loads
  • The PC console shows only garbage
/H

dalek
Australia

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:03 pm

That's strange. I did upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6.1 on my A2088XT with no issues - but mine is in a Rev 6.1 B2000.

I would suggest asking about your problem on a1k.org in BlindGerMan's bridgeboard thread. If you speak German you may already find some clues there - if not, try asking in the international section. Likely someone there can help with your specific setup.

hansliss

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:14 am

dalek wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:03 pm
I would suggest asking about your problem on a1k.org in BlindGerMan's bridgeboard thread. If you speak German you may already find some clues there - if not, try asking in the international section. Likely someone there can help with your specific setup.
Thanks! I browsed through some pages of that thread (and saved it as a PDF - LOTS of information I hadn't found before), but the thread is 75 pages so I haven't read all of it yet. I posted about my issues in the international section, anyway.

Return to “Hardware”