Stumpi
Germany

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:54 pm

I was annoyed for a long time that there was no RTC available for my favourite Amiga, the Amiga 1000. That's how this little project came about.
So i proudly present:

The A1k SimpleClock for Amiga 1000 and 500

Gerbers, Eagle Boardfiles and more info in my Gitlab:
https://gitlab.com/marceljaehne/a1k-simpleclock

And the best, its really cheap to build :D
Enjoy it! :)

greets
Stumpi

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:33 pm

Very cool!!!

Do you have any pics of the RTC board not installed?

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:48 pm

It’s right under the 68k...

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:56 pm

Hah! Yeah, I know. I was looking for stand-alone pics so I could more easily promote it elsewhere. Right now to the untrained eye it just looks like the 68000.

Stumpi
Germany

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:53 pm

intric8 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:33 pm
Very cool!!!

Do you have any pics of the RTC board not installed?
Thx :) Pics of the bare board are here:
https://gitlab.com/marceljaehne/a1k-sim ... ter/Bilder

Tomorrow i will build another one, i hope this time i'll not forget to make pictures ;)

BatteMan
France

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:50 pm

It's exactly what my A1000 needs! Thanks!
Do you sell pcb? Or maybe a kit? I can solder it, buy differents parts but I have no idea how to make/build the pcb... But i'll find :lol:
I need this! My 1000 needs this! ;)

finrock
Cupertino, California

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:26 pm

I agree, this looks amazing! I would love to build one, but I don't have the skill to be able to pull this off. I will gladly pay for an assembled version.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:44 am

BatteMan wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:50 pm
It's exactly what my A1000 needs! Thanks!
Do you sell pcb? Or maybe a kit? I can solder it, buy differents parts but I have no idea how to make/build the pcb... But i'll find :lol:
I need this! My 1000 needs this! ;)
Take the Gerbers that Stumpi has shared (thank you!) and upload them to JLCPCB.com or a boardhouse of your choice. You'll have to order a minimum of 5 boards, most likely, but they are very inexpensive. Shipping might cost you a little bit, but, you can always sell off your extras to make that back.

From Stumpi's gitlab:

Bilder_A1KSimpleClockFinal_front.PNG
Bilder_A1KSimpleClockFinal_back.PNG

BatteMan
France

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:35 pm

I looked at JLCPCB and it's a very good idea ! I'll probably command some PCB for this awesome RTC for my A1000 ! Thank you Stumpi and Obitus !

--
/me is typing this message with his CD32, connected on the net with Wifi (after soldering it on the Terrible Fire 330 ^^) ! So much fun ;)

A grab of AmigaLove.com displayed with IB 2.5 on my CD32 ^^

finrock
Cupertino, California

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:00 pm

obitus1990 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:44 am

Take the Gerbers that Stumpi has shared (thank you!) and upload them to JLCPCB.com or a boardhouse of your choice. You'll have to order a minimum of 5 boards, most likely, but they are very inexpensive. Shipping might cost you a little bit, but, you can always sell off your extras to make that back.
If anyone does this, I'll gladly help pay.

Return to “Hardware”