intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:05 am

80 EUR for customs and others fees
For a device smaller than a deck of cards? That makes NO sense at all.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:05 pm

You've got to love the EU and all their "Value Added Taxes." Unfortunately, it's slowly making it's way into our system here in the US. Starting with the decision favoring S. Dakota in S.D. vs Wayfair, forcing vendors to collect sales taxes for out-of-state online sales, it will surely proceed to a national sales tax dumped on top if it before we know it.

Stumpi
Germany

Posted Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:00 am

BatteMan wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:30 am
UPS informed me that I need to pay 80 EUR for customs and others fees (with 11,80 EUR of VAT, 11 EUR of gouvernemental charges and... 59 EUR of brokerage charges...).
WTF??! :o
Please send me your address as PM, i will send you a few pieces for free.

BatteMan
France

Posted Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:08 am

Hi Stumpi,

No soucy, I'll have my pieces (one day :lol: ) but big thank you for your proposition, it's very kind and I appreciate it.

For the moment, DigiKey US looks at my invoice, but I don't expect a big surprise.

BatteMan
France

Posted Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:17 pm

Digikey finally accepted to refund me ! And the 50 EUR are already on my PayPal account ! :shock:
Everything ends well !

I just placed an order on TME.eu for the same amount (and without customs fee this time). But the Epson RTC is no more in stock for the moment. I'll have to wait a little more. Hope I taked all good "replacements" ^^

Return to “Hardware”