User avatar
New Orleans, LA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:35 pm

I have a C= 1960 monitor that ceased to function a couple of years ago. No one where I live services CRTs any longer, and, when I have found an "old retired TV repair man" (found via a convoluted search and referral from local repair shops of modern TVs) who still might do it, as soon as I tell him it's a computer monitor and not a television, they back out (even with schematics!) saying they don't do computer monitors.

I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the's definitely a chassis issue (missing voltages at certain test points on the board). Anyone know someone that can repair this if I only send in the chassis to them (is that even possible)?

User avatar
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:12 pm

I have a local friend who has recapped some of my monitors, but the only actual CRT repair guy I know (and have used) is Ray Carlsen.

He can only repair and replace components that are either readily available, or something he has in his own collection that he can swap. He fixed my 1902A like that.

He's criminally affordable, but the real PITA is shipping things back and forth. If you don't have anyone local, it's tough. No doubt about it.

User avatar
Dallas, TX

Posted Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:11 am

+1 on Ray, he does excellent work. I've bought a power supply from him that's solid and bulletproof (powers C64/128 and A500).

User avatar

Posted Wed May 05, 2021 10:25 pm

I also think Ray does a great job. He fixed several of my monitors.

Return to “Hardware”