SUCCESS!!!!!
Time to open the preorders!

dalek
Australia

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:40 pm

Matze what a champ!

RetroAsylum

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:41 pm

FANTASTIC WORK ALL ROUND!!! What's next?!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:24 pm

What's next?!
Local friend and retro master Mattsoft has already built two brand new boards using all of Joe's published work. I have another friend burning the 4 new GALS this weekend for mine. We're going to populate the new boards with all the new (and old) chips and pull our old battery eaten boards out of our daily driver Amiga 1000's. We'll put them away in storage for the time being. Mattsoft has already successfully done the migration, and it's running in his machine as I type this (he hasn't created the new GALs yet but I imagine that's just days away from being done).
rejuve2pointO.jpg
Two brand new Rejuvenators - Photo by Mattsoft

I might eventually even sell one of my original Rejuve's as I have two - one was used as the guinea pig during this whole years-long journey. I'd do that to recoup some of my personal costs in the project over the years, and because I know not everyone has the time/skill to build their own boards. The more Rejuve's in the world the more Amiga Love spreads, ya know?

We need to reconvene the original US Team to determine next steps. There are basically two options as I see it today:

Build boards for others (time consuming, etc. and the parts are not cheap) or simply put all of the info out there so anyone with the skills could build their own any time they wanted. We need to figure all of that out. I want to make sure if we did the 2nd option we are very clear in protecting Greg Tibbs' legacy.

And, I think Joe is actually pursuing a "3.0" version where he's actively looking at adding new features, like IDE, etc.

Like the sappy song in Aladdin, "It's a whole new world!" ;)

Everything should start to fall into place soon. I hope to show my new board to the world and explain how we're reaching the finish line very soon.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:46 pm

Have the GALs been released?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:52 pm

Have the GALs been released?
Not yet.

RetroAsylum

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:01 pm

Man, I'm very excited! I've not yet tried or used any of these accelerators so getting one of these in my A1K is going to be a whole new experience for me. So cool! Which ever direction you go I'm In... I do have the soldering skills just time is a struggle with a new baby but this would make a nice project that I can work on hopefully this winter if possible since I won't be doing yard work. 😜👍

Return to “Hardware”