intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:37 am

Thanks - and yes, you'd need to provide custom chips.

Kickstarter ROM
I use 1.3 but you could do whatever you wanted.

Agnus
The 1MB is the most common and cheapest. If you are able to score the rare A3K Agnus, you'd also need to investigate the little RAM adapters you'd need for the RAM. Site member Christian created them for me, and he could explain in detail how it needs to be done.

And the a couple of your chips migrate from the mb up to the new Rejuvenator daughterboard.

That's it for chips!

Acill

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:40 am

I am really looking forward to building one of these. I ordered a few boards and just need to get the BOM worked out and the programming.

nonarkitten

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:53 am

intric8 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:37 am

Kickstarter ROM

Agnus
The 1MB is the most common and cheapest. If you are able to score the rare A3K Agnus, you'd also need to investigate the little RAM adapters you'd need for the RAM. Site member Christian created them for me, and he could explain in detail how it needs to be done.

And the a couple of your chips migrate from the mb up to the new Rejuvenator daughterboard.

That's it for chips!
I see no reason why something like the DKB MegaChip or ACE2 wouldn't also work fine for the 2MB and 8375 Agnus.

Hook
Ottawa, Canada

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:34 am

intric8 wrote:

Kickstarter ROM

Agnus

That's it for chips!
I've got an 8375 Agnus in my parts bin. Will that do? Also, Kickstart-wise, I presume the single chip KS like the one in the A500 will work?

nonarkitten

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:49 am

Hook wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:34 am
intric8 wrote:

Kickstarter ROM

Agnus

That's it for chips!
I've got an 8375 Agnus in my parts bin. Will that do? Also, Kickstart-wise, I presume the single chip KS like the one in the A500 will work?
Not without an adaptor.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:06 pm

I know for a fact you can use Agnus 8372A from an Amiga 500 for the 1mb chip version. That was the original default option and what I pulled out of mine before upgrading one of my boards to 2mb with the pretty rare 8372B.

Let me ask some of the hardware gurus if any of the other A500 revisions are compatible as I don't remember.

nonarkitten

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:35 pm

intric8 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:06 pm
Let me ask some of the hardware gurus if any of the other A500 revisions are compatible as I don't remember.
Speaking on behalf of no gurus, the 8372ab and 8372b are the only two, 2MB options that are pin compatible that I know of.

It would be a single 16:32 FET bus switch to allow both, but I believe redoing the Rejuvenator was step 2?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:03 pm

Speaking on behalf of no gurus, the 8372ab and 8372b are the only two, 2MB options that are pin compatible that I know of.
Right, no I meant A500 1mb versions. I know the 8372A is good to go, I wasn't sure about some of the other revs.
But I believe redoing the Rejuvenator was step 2?
Correct, we're only focusing on clones of the original feature set at this time. I have heard that Joe is already working on an IDE feature in a different fork of the code, but I don't know much about that right now. For today, all of the focus is on a successful clone of the original.

Joe:
This project aims to re-create the original Rejuvenator, and eventually improve on the original design.
I do recall Joe having said he made a couple of tweaks to the circuit board in a few places, but nothing the average user would know about [raises hand].

Joe:
Several design errors on the original Rejuvenator which required bodge wires and trace cuts to rectify have been identified and eliminated in the new design.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:14 pm

congrats to Eric & Matze and all involved <3 :boing: :commodore:
Last edited by A1-X1000 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

walldog

Posted Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Wanted to post a quick tip of the hat to all involved, our friends in Germany and Mr. Eric Hill for championing this project. So exciting..

Return to “Hardware”