olifiers

Posted Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:06 pm

Super keen to get one of these!

What’s the latest, folks? How can I help / donate? :)

finrock
Cupertino, California

Posted Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:21 pm

olifiers wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:06 pm
What’s the latest, folks? How can I help / donate? :)
Same thoughts here. Would be glad to donate or help in any way.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:58 pm

I've been told you will all get what you are looking for by this weekend.

Signman

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:15 pm

What does that mean, do I have to get on a list?

nonarkitten

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:40 pm

intric8 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:58 pm
Ooh, we're going to get our just desserts?

olifiers

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:12 pm

intric8 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:58 pm
Heavy breathing intensifies…

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:29 pm

Signman:
What does that mean, do I have to get on a list?
No, no lists. It means the final 4 files so that folks can burn their own GALs will be added to the Github along with the final silkscreen artwork. The keys to the Ferrari handed over for all!

:)

For those that don't know how to build their own, I can almost guarantee a few folks are going to offer these fully constructed in short order.

P.S.
I can say I've already seen some work on a future revision'd Rejuvenator that provides the ability to use a more common 2mb Agnus. Doesn't mean it'll work, or be done tomorrow, but I've seen the artwork and it's pretty cool that's already underway!

Acill

Posted Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:10 am

Waiting on these 4 PAL files so I can get them done and install my rejuvinator at last! I also need RAM. Anyone have a link to a full set of RAM for these?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:20 pm

I see the Rejuvenator 2 Github was updated 10 hours ago, and then again 4 hours ago. Do know that the Github is going to be updated again very soon, and potentially next year (or beyond). But don't quote me on that: no sense in getting twisted out of shape.

A very wise friend of mine said, somewhat poetically:
I tend to not respond to excitable people at all. They can live in the misery they create. I won’t participate.
With that I can say with sincere relief and a bit of mildly surprised joyous shock: we are at the conclusion of this long first chapter in the story that is Rejuvenator 2.

For those following this thread please check out the latest Readme.txt , BOM updates, JED files - the 2nd magnum opus of this Non-Profit Tribute to the memory of Greg Tibbs, at non-trivial time/expense of several involved - where the first was the incredible work done by Joe C. in reverse engineering (and repairing along the way) the board itself.

*** The board can be built by anyone now ***
(The official final silkscreen is still being tweaked, not that it being done is stopping anyone.)

P.S.

Chapter 2...?
Work has already started in modifying the board to accept the much more common 2mb Agnus.
UpdatedAgnus.png
Who knows where we're going from here?

P.P.S.

Now that we've gotten this far, I hope to do a short video to cap it all off and send it on its way. It feels like a paper boat, crafted by the hands of a young child set down in a small yet steady stream that leads to waters unknown.

:boing: <3

RetroAsylum

Posted Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:32 pm

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say "Thank you!" to ALL parties involved in making this possible for the masses and seeing it through till the end?! You all are amazing, tallented and generous! Thank you!

Return to “Hardware”