fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:34 am

Hi all, I have been searching the web, ftp and all other places for scans of the OpalVision manuals. There were two, an introduction and a reference manual.

I don't suppose anyone has scans in their archives? I am happy to do the scanning if anyone has the actual manuals.

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:08 pm

I‘d say your best option is to check AmiBay, who in the past bought a complete OpalVision with manuals.

Then kindly ask those guys for a scan.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:48 pm

Then kindly ask those guys for a scan.
I wasn't the guy on Amibay. A local friend of mine gave me this about 1-1.5 years ago. I've been meaning to install it this summer. It's finally now the next project ahead once I finish writing a review of Pools of Darkness, which I finally finished last week.

Anyhoo - it's not that scanning is a big deal. But this thing's manual is MASSIVE. It would be a project in itself to scan this thing... which I'll likely be referencing.
IMG_4512.jpg
IMG_4513.jpg
IMG_4514.jpg
IMG_4515.jpg

But maybe when I'm done I can put that in the queue.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:16 pm

Is there a specific thing you're looking to do? I could send you a few photos no sweat.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:36 am

Well that is good news. At least we have a source. I have a tentative plan to write an article about this for Amiga Addict in 2022 as part of my 'Creative Revolution' series. So I will most likely be doing the tutorials again and then looking at the Arexx possibilities.

I have a sheet feeder scanner at work which I am going to give a go on my Imagine 3.0 manual. If it goes well, this might be the best way to scan these massive tomes. Gosh, doing it manually is a no go.

Cool. @intric8, thanks for letting me know. In the meantime I shall peruse Amibay. Thanks guys.

Robert_MyAmigaShop
USA

Posted Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:54 pm

Hi FXGogo,

If your looking for physical manuals, you can find some here:
https://shop.myamigashop.com/search?q=OpalVision

If your not looking for physical manuals, here they are scanned:
https://www.myamigashop.com/Amiga_Manuals/OpalVision/

Hope that helps. :-)

Robert
MyAmigaShop.com
Last edited by Robert_MyAmigaShop on Sun May 08, 2022 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:40 am

You are a life saver Robert, thank you. I shall be going forth to prepare my WinUAE for some serious OpalVision use. I may one day invest in a 4000 again and have the real thing.

Robert Montefore

Posted Sat May 07, 2022 8:50 am

And another hardy Thank You for posting scans of the manual; you just dropped my anxiety level by 100% on how to use this wonderful board.

Again, I really appreciate finding someone keeping this hardware alive a generation after its birth!

-Robert Montefore

Return to “Hardware”