A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:41 am

Soooooo been trying to get hold of MNT (Lukas) for quite some time now to see if we can get screen dragging with new P96 and OS3.1.4/3.2 and finally got a response from their official MNT forum https://community.mnt.re/ and the response is:

"Hi, unfortunately we don’t have any resources to work on VA2000 firmware at the moment. But the firmware and drivers are completely open source, so anyone competent in Verilog and C could add such functionality."

..so any fellow VA2000 users here that are competent in Verilog and C :mrgreen:

nonarkitten

Posted Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:43 pm

I was under the impression that P96 doesn't do screen dragging, only CyberGraphx does.

stevelord

Posted Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:33 pm

The ZZ9000 does screen dragging and isn't CybergraphX.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:29 pm

But the firmware and drivers are completely open source, so anyone competent in Verilog and C could add such functionality.
Translation:
Good luck with that.

stevelord

Posted Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:07 pm

It could be worse. OP could be using NTSC. *ducks*

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:34 pm

intric8 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:29 pm
But the firmware and drivers are completely open source, so anyone competent in Verilog and C could add such functionality.
Translation:
Good luck with that.
yup that's exactly my point and yes I'm venting :D

I bought my VA2000 and CX board brand new from MNT a few years ago NOT 25 years ago and believe it or not I'm still getting updates from my Elbox products and yes I bought them way more than a few years ago ;)

oh and btw, hmm so firmware update for ZZ9000 today for screen dragging on Twitter but no love for VA2000 owners???? what a surprise :roll:

Acill

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:56 am

I pulled my VA2000 out of service after trying to get it to flash to the ZIII firmware so I can use it in my 3000. It will not flash, no matter how many machines I try it on in Windows, Linux or anything. So I feel you. I have a 20+ year old card in it now and my VA2000 with its video slot add on it in a box doing nothing.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Acill wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:56 am
I pulled my VA2000 out of service after trying to get it to flash to the ZIII firmware so I can use it in my 3000. It will not flash, no matter how many machines I try it on in Windows, Linux or anything. So I feel you. I have a 20+ year old card in it now and my VA2000 with its video slot add on it in a box doing nothing.
sorry to here that as it's a great RTG card for my A4000...I know Lukas isn't interested in any 'support' for the VA2000 but perhaps he could at least repair your board to working condition? If you haven't been able to reach him you should try the MNT support forum at https://community.mnt.re/ as that's how I finally got a response from him

Return to “Hardware”