dargrz1977

Posted Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:57 am

I have a question about the GVP controller. How do I change partitions in the disks in the GVP HC + if I have a disk in the GVP 030 Combo at the same time. The operation of both cards is beautiful. They work together, but I cannot edit partitions in GVP HC + if I also have GVP 030 Combo. For gvpscsi.device, I only see disks with GVP 030 Combo. To see the partitions in the GVP HC +, I need to disconnect the drives from the GVP 030 Combo. I suppose there is another parameter by which the driver can enter the HDToolbox edition. In A2091 it was simple, it was called scsi.device. Thanks

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:59 am

If both use the same device by name, AmigaOS will add a „2nd“ upfront.

So you might try to use something like „2nd.gvpscsi.device“ in HDToolbox.

dargrz1977

Posted Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:29 am

I thought so and tried it too, but it doesn't work. HDToolbox empty.

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:39 am

What devices does e.g. SysInfo come up with?

dargrz1977

Posted Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:54 am

I have no idea. GVP has gvpscsi.device. Analyzes for, 2dn, 3rd, 4th ... etc at startup. I just don't know why gvpscsi.device masks HC8 + disks. Bios are the same 4.5.

Christian

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:45 am

The HC+ is possibly an early non DMA GVP card without the DPRC (Series 1). If so, the you likely have two different versions of gvpscsi.device running as only 3.15 (marketed and possibly labeled on the (EP)ROM as FaaastROM 4.0 for some strange reason) and earlier support the non DMA cards. That may explain what is going in. The accelerator will likely have 4.xx installed. If that is the case, then there is no workaround as the accelerator needs a later ROM to configure its memory.

Instead of disconnecting the drives from the accelerator, just boot into 68000 mode using GVPCPUCTRL.

What kind of HC+ card is it? I may be willing to swap a later Series 2 card for the HC+ card.

dargrz1977

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:07 am

No, I have the newest version on both 4.5 tabs. It's just that HDToolBox cannot handle several cards. I checked with A2091 and Combo 030 where under Kick / WB 3.2 he reports wrong on A2091 and under Kick / Wb 1.3 it works. I found a solution in FAAASTPREP where you just need to change "Board" to "1" and BOOOM. You see the card. So you can safely manage your drivers. Happy New Year !!!

dargrz1977

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:06 am

The Combo 030 accelerator has a problem with the 2000-HC8 anyway because it has a built-in 4mb and always turn on AUTO. No matter if I change the jumper to AUTO or not. The only solution is to add an external card, eg SUPRA 2000 with 4MB. Then the GVP addresses the memory differently and I have 4MB for SUPRA 2000, 4MB for A2000-HC8 and 16MB for GVP Combo 030 for extended RAM. Otherwise, the disk after a cold start will not start up and I have to do a reset. Of course the external SCSI still doesn't work even if you remove the two terminators on COMBO 030.

randyrenfrow

Posted Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:15 am

Hi, im having this exact same issue with 2 scsi controller that both use gvpscsi.device. I have the hc card and 030 40 mhz with ram and scsi controller. What did you mean when you said you changed the board to 1? and what is the name of the device that use used for harddrive toolbox ? thanks a lot, i have been trying to figure this out for a few months.

Christian

Posted Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:34 pm

HDToolbox gvpscsi.device 107

Be prepared for this to take a long time as HDToolbox cycles through all of the LUNs on all devices multiple times.

The 107 means scan the first (0) and second (1) board all the way to SCSI address 7 each.

Unfortunately, HDToolbox counts all up but the counting is “stupid” so it will probably take 10-15 minutes before it starts scanning the second board.

Commodore standard

(board)(lun)(scsi id)

This should work for all compliant scsi devices that do not configure themselves with a different name such as 2nd.scsi.device.

Return to “Hardware”