Appee

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:13 am

Although pleasing, that teardown seems to missing some bits. Did i overlook the daughterboard?

JackTheKnife

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:00 am

Finally after a whole day of struggling to get out the motherboard and getting the Rejuvenator inserted. It took more than 10 tries to have it seated properly and cut the finger on those gold pins that popped out on another side of the sockets.

I did not expect it will require WD40 on those gold pins and some force to push it down.

Anyway - can someone post some high res pic where those clips should be connected to the ICs? PDF photo is not of great quality and I want to be sure I have connected to the right IC leg. Do I need to connect +12V as well or that is an option for the original Rejuvenator only?

Here is how I have it connected:

Also installation manual is talking about a jumper to set when Kickstart ROM is present but I'm not able to locate it (one empty hole but not a jumper). And should stick to 1.3 ROM on the board or go for 3.1 or something else?
Last edited by JackTheKnife on Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:20 am

I'm on a mobile phone, but for this:
And should stick to 1.3 ROM on the board or go for 3.1 or something else?
I always stick to 1.3 on my Amiga 1000's by and large. It just seems the most... right. For me, anyway.

JackTheKnife

Posted Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:12 pm

Finally got it to work:

Probably I'm going to add a switch for PAL/NTSC mode. Any thoughts on that?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:19 pm

CONGRATS!!!!!

Gliou
Marseille 13 BDR, FRANCE

Posted Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:43 am

Hello,

Gilles from France.
I have acquired an A1000 with daughterboard work fine.

I read, you don't sell Rejuvenator, but for me plzzz without components.
I don't understand the GitHub post Kicad for create PCB card on professional site.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:04 pm

There is a guy on Amibay who has been making small batches. If you have a membership to that site, you could see if he has any more or has plans to make any in 2023.

It's possible someone here could also make you one if they see this thread and have the time.

Good luck! :boing:

celso

Posted Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:03 am

Any hope for a future Amiga 1000 PAL without daughterboard version? Is it even technically possible?

dalek
Australia

Posted Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:16 pm

celso wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:03 am
Any hope for a future Amiga 1000 PAL without daughterboard version? Is it even technically possible?
can't imagine so - it would be pretty invasive needing to remove chips and socket them to tap in to all the data and address bus lines and extra address lines needed fat Agnus.

I think the current best option for PAL users would be a full board upgrade like the GBA1000.

celso

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:42 am

dalek wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:16 pm
celso wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:03 am
can't imagine so - it would be pretty invasive needing to remove chips and socket them to tap in to all the data and address bus lines and extra address lines needed fat Agnus.

I think the current best option for PAL users would be a full board upgrade like the GBA1000.
Thanks, that's what I thought. The Parceiro II is another good upgrade to get the Kickstarter ROM, HD and extra fast RAM, but it doesn't change the underlying old architecture of the A1000, which is what I'm looking for.

I'm researching on the gba1000 option, sounds like a good 2023 project for me.

Return to “Hardware”